Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Cruze threw 7 Codes this morning- Charging System issue related to Recall?

20K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Blasirl 
This issue ruined a bunch of crap in my trunk, my radio stopped working, start stop failed and had additional issues from it that ended up taking weeks to fix.

Gremlins keep rearing their head afterwards that continue to be traced back to electronics in the trunk. If it happens again I'll be filing for lemon law protection. Luckily mine is a lease so I wash my hands of it in 2 more years.

I was amazed at how much water accumulated, my trunk carpet was dry until it was pulled up and never noticed any leaks from center stop light either.

GM engineers when they initially troubleshot the issue thought it was a one off, until a week later when another came in with similar symptoms. I have a feeling our two cars were the initial batch that prompted a recall, it took forever to get my car back after GM techs and engineers went top to bottom on it. A few months later the recall was issued.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.