Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Cruze Transmission Fluid Change (MANUAL)

4749 20
I am not a professional, just working on my car as a hobby*

Hello everybody, I made this account to maybe find the answer for my issue with the transmission fluid.
I own a Chevy Cruze J300 2.0 125hp Diesel. It's production Date is 2009 and it's approval date is 2011.

The Problem with this Modell is, there are 0 Tutorials, or Internet Links to this car. All the Videos on youtube etc. are from newer modells, or those are automatic transmissions.
Since I have a other modell and it's a manual, it's pretty hard to find any solutions, and to be honest, I don't want to go to the mechanics to pay huge amounts of money, which I can save by doing myself.

My car doesn't have a obviously drain/fill plug. I have a clue, how I could drain it/fill it, but that's why I am here to be 100% sure and don't make a mess at the end, or more work than needed. Depends how you see it, "practise makes the master".

Does anyone have the same car, or ever worked on the same car?
I would be gratefull for any help I can get.

Picture1&2:
Don't wanna mess anything up, but is that some kind of overpressure valve? I won't do it now, but I have a guess I can fill the fluid there.

Picture3 is made from side below, not unter the transmission:
I've seen on youtube, some cars simply don't have drain plugs, and drain it by opening the whole transmission metall cover. There is also a small hex bolt, maybe the level? And on top, I am not sure, might that be the magnet for the transmission?

I haven't worked anything around, so as I said I wanted to make sure :D

Sorry for my english, but I hope some people on this english speaking forum might find a answer to that.

Best regards,

CruzeNoob :p