Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first thing I noticed when I purchased our Diesel Cruze was the center dash console. It's begging for a gauge pod in that location, and after some searches I see that it has been done, and looks good! We decided to go ahead with producing it, but are retaining the console. Please feel free to critique the design, tastefully, because we are about to pull the trigger on the mold for this design. Thanks, Brayden

Attachments

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Hmm..this is very interesting. Ive not heard anyone do this in the cruze yet. But im sure it will look good. If you do tis, you will have to post pics of it =]

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I'd buy one for when I have afr, and another gauge haven't decided which yet I have booosst.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3.
Which is bigger than my hand.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Interesting-you can never have too many gauges.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I'm confused, you say this gauge pod has already been done. But your going to start producing it? So you contacted the person or company that has already designed it and have agreed to manufacture this pod for them?

It's been done, but your going to do it. :blink:

·
10,712 Posts
I'm confused, you say this gauge pod has already been done. But your going to start producing it? So you contacted the person or company that has already designed it and have agreed to manufacture this pod for them?

It may have been done for like 1 car and only one car(no pending patent or intent to mass produce). My gauge pod in my other car was the same way till the guy finally made a limited run of them then fell off the face of the earth.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I'd aim the gauges towards the driver. You'll need to make two versions - one for those of us who drive right and one for the rest of the world. :) (Right and and left hand drive).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To clear up the confusion we are making these in house. I did see that there were some that were produced but could not find the person who made them so we started on our project. We did a straight away version because that it was we mocked up with and the gauges are very visible. If we did right and left hand drive versions, that would require two different molds. There would have to be considerable interest to go that direction.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
I'd aim the gauges towards the driver. You'll need to make two versions - one for those of us who drive right and one for the rest of the world. :smile: (Right and and left hand drive).
Yes - good call - the available gauge pod(2 gauges) for my GTO sits in the same spot but angled toward the driver.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Do you have a rendering of the back side? The pic shown looks like the back of the pod is straight. I'd like to see more of a taper to the back edge of the door. Similar to a lot of the Subaru Imprezza pods.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would be interested in this and would likely purchase this depending on price.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts

Yes it has been done, but it was a one off for 1 specific car, and no one has reproduced it and made it available for sale:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/11-appearance-detailing-interior/14136-center-gauge-pod.html

I would love this, instead of the A-Pillar Pods! I would buy it depending on price of course (since I already have the A-Pillar pod...)

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
i'd be all about this...although I'd need to find a way to make it work since I have a speaker/sub/whateveritis where you have the pocket. I'd way rather this over the gauge pod

·
Registered
172 Posts
Please do make it point straight so that those of us in RHD countries would also be able to get this! :wink:

I like the design (although I must qualify that I've already gotten a gauge holder designed for another car and modified it slightly to fit). Would this be for 52mm (2 1/16 in) or 60mm (2 3/8 in) gauges?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2 1/16th gauges. The back side tapers nicely off. There isn't a straight section on it really :)

The holes will be machined in after molding so there is a possibility for an LCD to be installed, square or otherwise.. I'll show another rendering with some options. Such as shift lights, small switches etc..

It's much easier for us to retain the console, and honestly you can't get the gauges any lower without shrouding them. I think there is enough room to have a 2 5/8" gauge in the center as is, but that's a good suggestion. We can loft it up so you could have 1 2 5/8 and 2 2 1/16 gauges.

Would it be beneficial if we start a pre-order / group buy thread to make sure it's worth our investment in tooling? If we get 100 pre orders, it's worth the investment. Pricing will most likely be in the 150-200 range. Tooling that mimics the factory texture is expensive. Smooth finish is cheaper.
Would you rather have a lower price for a smooth non textured finish that you would then paint? Or have paintable factory texture?

Thanks for the input, Brayden.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Noooooo, I was planning on making one of these for the past year now!

Aaarrrgggghhhh, you beat me too it. How much?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts