Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be at the Cruze unveiling at detroit tomorrow with Jon (Sunline Fan). Just wanted to reach out, are there any questions about the car you guys had that you wanted me to ask while I'm there?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
When are they dumping the Diesel engine ? and Jon will be having your cruzen Paint balled cuzz he wants ya to wash IT !

Jon watch out X is heavily armed as I am !

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
This should be a nice event. Looking forward to see the advances on the 2016 Cruze. Hope they have an ECO Version that blows away the competition.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
1. When will the second generation Cruze go on sale?
2. When will dealers be able to take orders for one?
3. When will build your own (and the rest of the 2016) web site be online?
4. Will the hatchback version be available at the same time as the sedan?
5. When will the RPO specifications be published?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
That's awesome that you and Jon get to go! I'm certainly jealous, man! Will there be pictures and videos of you guys? My questions...

1. When will consumers stop having the ability to factory order the current 2015's?

2. Will the 2016's have White Diamond and/or Sable Metallic as color options? Will the Blue Topaz color be making a return?

3. Pricing per trim level?

4. What safety and infotainment features have been added/updated and which ones will come standard?

5. What makes the 2016 second gen Cruze better than the first gen Cruze? And what measures have they taken both big and small to ensure that the quality is there from the start with this new gen Cruze?

(I'm sure everyone recalls early problems with the engine splash shield having to be hacked, spark plugs being under/over gapped, antifreeze smells, doors misaligned causing rock chips, etc. even after claims of millions of miles of testing).

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
I think my question would be how will the MyLink and other entertainment systems be upgraded over time? The life cycle of said systems are much shorter than car itself. I mean, we typically upgrade phones every 2-3 years. Not too many people buy 2-3 year old phones.

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
I think my question would be how will the MyLink and other entertainment systems be upgraded over time? The life cycle of said systems are much shorter than car itself. I mean, we typically upgrade phones every 2-3 years. Not too many people buy 2-3 year old phones.
Wouldn't this new whole Apple CarPlay thing solve this exact problem though? Seemingly, every time you download an iOS update on your current phone or buy a new phone with the most updated iOS, wouldn't the iOS in the car essentially get updated along with it now?

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Wouldn't this new whole Apple CarPlay thing solve this exact problem though? Seemingly, every time you download an iOS update on your current phone or buy a new phone with the most updated iOS, wouldn't the iOS in the car essentially get updated along with it now?
I had not really considered this before, I think your right. As long as no new wireless connectivity comes along this could make an entertainment system last 10+ years with new functionality coming every year with updates or new phones. Look how dated my 2012 1LT basic stereo will be once these are out!

Will not buy any car unless its compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, from the sound of things allot of GM cars next year are one or the other not both.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Can they bring back options like the leather steering wheel in the LT1 like they had in 2011 along with putting the zlink back in the LT1. Will they go back into the WTCC with the new model.

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
I had not really considered this before, I think your right. As long as no new wireless connectivity comes along this could make an entertainment system last 10+ years with new functionality coming every year with updates or new phones. Look how dated my 2012 1LT basic stereo will be once these are out!

Will not buy any car unless its compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, from the sound of things allot of GM cars next year are one or the other not both.

I know it's stupid and naive of me but I'm still hoping Chevy will make it possible to somewhat update the Mylink system in the current 1st gen Cruzes through a USB stick or something. I mean couldn't they just add a few more apps like iheart Radio, Sports (scores), BringGo, etc.

If they are unable and/or unwilling to add more Mylink based apps to the 1st gen Cruzen, can they at least give 1st gen Cruze owners a way to have the guidance lines for the backup camera like the 2015 Cruzen now have? In addition, Chevy needs to offer more frequent and more accurate map updates for the Mylink based nav in the 1st gen Cruzen. It should be free of charge as well.

This is how Chevy could at least try to give people a reason to still buy a 1st gen Cruze. I mean, by the time the 2016 Cruzen hit the lots with with Apple CarPlay stuff, the 1st gen Cruze's infotainment system is going to feel 10 years old at the least!

·
Super Moderator
7,682 Posts
What transmissions will be paired to the diesel motor?

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
Yes and no. Yes, you can upgrade your Apple device. But you might want to look at the track record for how long a model is supported before the new iOS (or Android) isn't supported on that model anymore. Along with that goes the security updates.

Yes, I'd like upgradable OS. But I'd also like to see the ability to drop a newer unit into an older car.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
I'd be open to Apple CarPlay as long as it played nicely with Android phones. (Much like the iPods do/did.) But I'm not going to buy a car if I have to adopt the Apple ecosystem. I refuse to let my car dictate that choice.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts