Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My poor 2011 Cruze LT1 cannot catch a break. It was just minding it's own business sitting in my driveway and this happened.

Windshield Hood Glass Automotive window part Windscreen wiper

Then I opened the rear door to see what the heck happened and found this.

Turquoise Fashion accessory Jewellery Fictional character Figurine

I know that isn't a good picture but I moved some of the glass off of it and called the police.
They let me take a better picture.

Vehicle door Auto part Hand Seat belt Car seat

I am a Ron Paul supported and I truly believe in the 2nd amendment. But if you own a gun please don't shoot it off in the air. My daughter who was a senior in high school was out at that time nearby at a friends house and it could of just as easily hit her. I am hoping for justice in this event because I do not believe that if this person legally owns a gun and was shooting it off for new years they should not own a gun again. There are no second chances with guns in my book. You have to respect ownership. Most likely this was an illegal gun owner who just shot off their illegally owned gun because it was cool and had too much drugs and drink. Either case I am hoping the police can trace down the ammo.

Tired of hail, trees, and bullets falling on my 2011 Cruze 1LT. :RantExplode:

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'm also a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but everyone with a firearm needs to understand that bullets shot into the air come down with the same speed as they went up. In your case the damage is reparable, but every year you hear about a small number of people injured or killed this way. Here's hoping they can identify the gun and shooter and throw the proverbial book at them.

·
2,170 Posts
Unbelievable! So glad no person was struck by that, but that's a bummer your car became victim. Very well stated, I too support the second amendment but I do not support stupidity. Firearms are not a toy, they are not a celebratory device. They are meant to be treated with respect. Fireworks are for celebrating.

Will you be claiming this on insurance? I would be curious to know if they cover that.

Reactions: mattillakk

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Unbelievable! So glad no person was struck by that, but that's a bummer your car became victim. Very well stated, I too support the second amendment but I do not support stupidity. Firearms are not a toy, they are not a celebratory device. They are meant to be treated with respect. Fireworks are for celebrating.

Will you be claiming this on insurance? I would be curious to know if they cover that.
It is covered with my insurance. I have full coverage. For glass I have a 50 dollar deductible. So it will cost me 50 bucks. I think my insurances shows total replacement around 300 bucks.

"If you have not moved the car, take a picture in what would be the most likely direction it came from for posterity's sake, assuming the police did not anyways."

The police took all kinds of pictures. We all pretty much agreed that it was someone just shooting their gun off at new years. I still have not seen some of my neighbors. Some of them have little children around five years old I can only hope they are all okay because I have feeling this probably isn't the only bullet.

I cleaned up all the glass and pulled out what would come off by hand and what would not fall off any more when I close the doors. I also pulled my car into my garage since the vendor for my insurance uses (safelite) can't come till the 3rd at noon. Luckily the weather looks pretty good till Wednesday.

·
2,254 Posts
Holy Toledo, glad that didn't hit anyone. Still sucks that you have to go through all the extra hassle.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anybody know a quick I can test the rear window defroster before the glass guy leaves so I don't have to bother calling him back in case it doesn't work.
I was thinking of pouring hot water on it but now sure if it can get wet after he installs the new glass.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
anybody know a quick I can test the rear window defroster before the glass guy leaves so I don't have to bother calling him back in case it doesn't work.
I was thinking of pouring hot water on it but now sure if it can get wet after he installs the new glass.
Turn a can of compressed air upside down.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've personally had my 2011 Cruze take hail damage twice... It's been keyed, hit 2 deer (Different Occasions), 2 people backed into it, and the hail damage twice and had to replace the turbo charger on it. It's in the shop now and will be like brand new soon when I get it back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts