Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received an e-mail response to a query I made last week on the status of 2012 information on the Cruze web site. They stated that the web site will not be updated to 2012 until the dealerships begin receiving the 2012 models. Here is text from the e-mail.

"The 2011 model information remains on the website to be used as a reference, for those who want to purchase the remaining 2011 models. The website will be updated once the 2012 models begin to arrive at the dealerships. Consumers that are interesting in ordering a 2012 model can get information on the changes can contact us at the number below, or by sending us an email before placing an order at their dealership. This is done to make sure that we have the most accurate vehicle information as possible.
We hope that this information was useful to you. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again."

"At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438, between 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. E.S.T., Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. E.S.T., Saturday. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!"

I will climb down off of my horse now.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...and, now for the "Devil's Advocate" translation: GM is not interested in you being interested in a 2012 Cruze before all the existing 2011 Cruzes languishing on dealership lots have been sold.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...and, now for the "Devil's Advocate" translation: GM is not interested in you being interested in a 2012 Cruze before all the existing 2011 Cruzes languishing on dealership lots have been sold.
Sort of like the old joke: What do you call three Aztecs on a dealer's lot?

Answer: A lifetime supply.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Well I think most folks already know what there is to know about the 2011 models...on to 2012!

·
Registered
89 Posts
GM is very lazy on their website. when the 2011 cruze was out, it had very few information on it. Even now, there's WAAAAY to few pictures and information. I can barely tell the difference between the 1LT and 2LT trims. I'm still confused.

They also need to dedicate a page just for the chevy eco. The site mixes the non-eco and the eco-stuff together and it may confuse the consumer. The eco has so many features to make mouths water, but they are wasting potential marketing points by not having a dedicated page. Honda has a different page for the si, the hybrid, the regular, and the High Fuel economy models. I can spend hours on the chevy's site and laern little

·
Registered
89 Posts
GM is very lazy on their website. when the 2011 cruze was out, it had very few information on it. Even now, there's WAAAAY to few pictures and information. I can barely tell the difference between the 1LT and 2LT trims. I'm still confused.

They also need to dedicate a page just for the chevy eco. The site mixes the non-eco and the eco-stuff together and it may confuse the consumer. The eco has so many features to make mouths water, but they are wasting potential marketing points by not having a dedicated page. Honda has a different page for the si, the hybrid, the regular, and the High Fuel economy models. I can spend hours on the chevy's site and laern little

You know what. I think this forum should make a 'feature article' about the 2012 cruze! I'm an apple fan, and check out appleinsider a lot, and they always detail and highlight upcoming features. A lot of it is helpful. Even as an apple fan i have no time to keep track of the details. If this website does the same, that'll be awesome in spreading the word. and also bring in more web traffic :th_coolio: *hint hint*

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Have you taken the time to fill out the pop up survey that comes up all the time? I have filled it out more than once. Be brutal and truthful.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...they (GM Anwer Line) needs to get some people who actually *know* something about GM products, not just a bunch to hired "telephone-answering" dummys like the ones I've had to speak with.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...they (GM Anwer Line) needs to get some people who actually *know* something about GM products, not just a bunch to hired "telephone-answering" dummys like the ones I've had to speak with.
Probably the same ones who man the chat line on the web site. Next time you speak with any of them, ask how the weather is in Mumbai.

Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have you taken the time to fill out the pop up survey that comes up all the time? I have filled it out more than once. Be brutal and truthful.

Jim
Nope. Maybe my popup blocker blocks it...

I'll do it next time I see it. but yea their site sucks. i was watching a youtube reviews of the eco, and the reviewer likes how theres a shift light. Another review likes how some parts of dashboard are cloth, and stated non-ecos are all plastic. WTF I've been researching teh car for months. I had no idea!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts