Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,833 Posts
That's a pretty good comparison article. I drove just about everything in the small car segment before making my decision, and I would agree with most of the things they said about the cars in this article. Except the Cruze having a nice automatic transmission - it was dreadful. I'm glad they hate the new Civic and Corolla as much as I did - they're awful excuses for a modern car (and I've owned a Honda and Toyota in the past!). I drove the Focus on three seperate occasions, but I just couldn't bring myself to figure out what the heck everyone was praising it about. It had a nice, very responsive engine for a small car, but I really didn't care much for the cheap interior (Cruze and Elantra were much nicer), the exterior, and the clutch was touchy.

I LOVE the 1LT manual transmission. The car is responsive to your right foot no matter what gear you're in. If the ECO were the only model available with a manual in this car like in 2011, I would not have bought it and would have gone for the redesigned 2012 Camry SE instead since I couldn't find anything else I liked in the small-car segment.

The 1.4 engine warms up VERY quickly - but only above idle. If you're blasting the heat full blast at idle, it's taking the heat away faster than it's making it. Keep the RPM above idle, my car is pumping out heat in just a block or two - quicker even than the Volvo I owned before it.

The Firestone tires on the 1LT are garbage. I believe the suspension has a lot more in it to give if the tire sidewalls weren't so mushy. I can go into a turn fast into my complex at 25 mph and just feel the tires ready to give in.

Another thing I'm finding myself growing to hate - a lot - is the climate control blower speeds. I think every other manufacturer put some thinking into that; why not Chevy?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,833 Posts
I don't know why but I've had no odd shifting issues with the auto tranny in my Cruze since new. It does what it's supposed to do including kicking down a gear when I need it with out hesitation.

I'm also a big fan of the new setting for the heater/ac unit. #3 puts out a decent amount of air while remaining virtually silent. #4 gets stuff done quickly although I normally don't even use it.
Did you have it reprogrammed?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.