Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally replaced my two windshield wipers. 1st time since I bought the car. 2012 ECO with 73,000 miles on it. What a difference! Don't be cheap and try to get some off-brand. My wipers were only $12 each.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
I just put my last non-OEM wiper on my Cruze. I purchased several 24 inch blades while I still had my Montana and finally used the last one. My wife's Solara also uses 24 inch blades but these didn't work on her car so I had to put Toyota blades on. I'll go back to the OEM blades when this one dries out.

·
2,254 Posts
I bought those Bosch Icons a few months ago and I'm extremely impressed. While I wasn't happy paying 18 bucks a blade, we'll see if they are worth it.

·
Super Moderator
5,126 Posts
I think I have replaced my wipers a couple of times with Trico(Exact fit) blades forget how much I paid. But this last time I was thinking of replacing the driver blade I just got out a moist paper towel(at a gas station) and ran it along the blade and it got rid of the streaking. Trico blades used to be pretty good

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought those Bosch Icons a few months ago and I'm extremely impressed. While I wasn't happy paying 18 bucks a blade, we'll see if they are worth it.
Same. They can be a little noisy when it's cold out, but the performance is the best I've ever seen from a wiper, and it's something I actually care about quite a bit (being able to see in wet weather). Haven't decided which is better between the Prestone or Rain-X all season washer fluid; that also matters for getting a nice, clean wipe.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I Second the Bosch, I had them on my old car for over 2 years and they worked like day 1, through arizona heat then through illinois winters. I also just got them on my cruze, better than OEM, IMO.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,215 Posts
I threw out the OEM blades within 4 months of getting the car because they streaked like crazy at the support points. Weird how some have had the same experience and some have had theirs last this long.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Odds are that GM uses multiple vendors for wiper blades like most manufacturers do with items like tires... There may be more than one OEM wiper blade installed on a Cruze from the factory...

We use the Goodyear wiper blades from Costco on our vehicles, they work good and seem to last a year or more and they go on sale several times a year allowing them to be bought for cheap...

Reactions: jblackburn
1 - 9 of 9 Posts