Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking about the fires and changing oil with regards to the Cruze and I've got a question. Do the 1.8L and 1.4L motors use the same oil filter cartridge? Is it the same P/N? If not, what is the difference between the cartridges? Since the caps use different sized sockets to loosen/tighten them (32 mm & 24 mm), are they different in any other way? Diameter, length, oil port openings in the bottom, etc.. The cartridge "cup" is oriented slightly differently on the two motors, so are there other differences? Is it possible to put the wrong cartridge in a motor and not realize it,since the cartridge frame is plastic, and what happens if you do? After all, they are different motors. OK, I'll quit thinking and go molest a bottle of brew or two.

OK, I checked a couple of filter makers and they have the same part number for both engines. Guess my thinking was all for naught. One less thing for the service tech. to mess up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
according to rockauto - the wix oil filter is the same for the 1.8L and 1.4L engines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts