Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 60 of 162 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Looking for people in my area of michigan (Detroit/flint) that are interested in seeing Cruzen2.0 or know of any existing meets in that area. Just want to meet people that would be interested in the car, bonus if it's other cruze owners.

EDIT: I do not use Facebook and dont want to, so i am asking here instead

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,227 Posts
I mean, there's always Woodward. There's a 1.4T Cruze that runs around without a hood and with an open downpipe. It's rather hilarious.

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
A brief update on the state of Cruzen 2.0

Dropped off at a local dealer Monday to have the BCM (that I damaged) replaced. Tech installed the new module but couldn't get the car to start, Friday he chased it down to the key not being seen by the BCM via the NFC receiver that reads the key fob if its dead or to program a new one to the car. The dealer ordered a new receiver module and it should be in this coming Monday.

I had a talk with the tech about how he had determined what the problem was just to make sure one of my numerous mods wasn't the problem. The highlights are that he made sure all the various computers/modules were communicating, then tried a brand new key and still the BCM wouldn't see it.

As an aside, I was prepared for the cost of this venture, not so much how long it would take! I've been told I'm like someone who's kid is in the hospital, I know its not fatal but I still worry and I want my baby back!

Oh well, nothing to do but wait for news from the dealer.

EDIT: I chose to do this now because I want to get a tune for the thing and the dealer wouldn't work on it if I had tuned it. This means if I wanted the problems fixed then I would have to try the BCM replacement before any tuning. And I really want (as an example) the 370hp (peak) from a BNR tune!

· COTM Winner
7,227 Posts
They wouldn't work on it if it was tuned...but yet they work on a car that is more Verano than Cruze? That's pretty funny.

Also seems odd, the tune shouldn't affect the BCM in the least.

That said - the 2.0T is definitely down to produce that much power. I know the LNFs with the Trifecta tune in the Cobalts made 350HP easy.

Reactions: HatchLifeRS

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
The dealer I took it to is known for working on all stock swap cars, like a v8 swapped g8 with all factory components. I just didn't want to risk them refusing to do the work if their system flagged a tune in the ecu.

Also, the Verano is de-tuned from the factory so it's not a direct competitor with the regal with the same engine. GM has done similar things in the past, the more expensive one usually has more power even with the same engine.
2011–2013Buick Regal GS270 hp (200 kW)[SUP][7][/SUP]295 ft⋅lb (400 N⋅m) @ 2400 rpm
2013–2016Buick Verano Turbo[SUP][8][/SUP]250 hp (190 kW) @ 5300 rpm260 ft⋅lb (353 N⋅m) @ 2000 rpm

· COTM Winner
7,227 Posts
The dealer I took it to is known for working on all stock swap cars, like a v8 swapped g8 with all factory components. I just didn't want to risk them refusing to do the work if their system flagged a tune in the ecu.

Also, the Verano is de-tuned from the factory so it's not a direct competitor with the regal with the same engine. GM has done similar things in the past, the more expensive one usually has more power even with the same engine.
2011–2013Buick Regal GS270 hp (200 kW)[SUP][7][/SUP]295 ft⋅lb (400 N⋅m) @ 2400 rpm
2013–2016Buick Verano Turbo[SUP][8][/SUP]250 hp (190 kW) @ 5300 rpm260 ft⋅lb (353 N⋅m) @ 2000 rpm
Based on the torque peaks being in a different location, I wonder if a couple other things are changed besides the tune.

But otherwise, it should be basically the exact same engine itself - throttle body to turbo - but anything before or after might be different enough to shift the torque curve.

Either way - it's a 2.0T - it'll make assloads of power. Did you retain the ethanol mix sensor?

· COTM Winner
7,227 Posts
Odd, because it uses the LHU, which is the flex-fuel version of the LDK. Interesting...

· COTM Winner
7,227 Posts
Gotcha, so you just need to add the sensor.

I need to look into what is required to do this on my Cobalt. Dealing with E85 blend changes as it transitions into summer blend is a major pain in the ass, as it's extremely sensitive.

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Got the car back today, went down to woodward after work and found some car meets.
Now just need to find the cruze people!

Tune incoming......

EDIT: BNR Tune and f40 short shifter purchased

· COTM Winner
7,227 Posts
Doesn't surprise me that people are already out there, haha.

Back when I still lived in Royal Oak, I'd be one of those people.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,330 Posts
A brief update on the state of Cruzen 2.0

Dropped off at a local dealer Monday to have the BCM (that I damaged) replaced. Tech installed the new module but couldn't get the car to start, Friday he chased it down to the key not being seen by the BCM via the NFC receiver that reads the key fob if its dead or to program a new one to the car. The dealer ordered a new receiver module and it should be in this coming Monday.

I had a talk with the tech about how he had determined what the problem was just to make sure one of my numerous mods wasn't the problem. The highlights are that he made sure all the various computers/modules were communicating, then tried a brand new key and still the BCM wouldn't see it.

As an aside, I was prepared for the cost of this venture, not so much how long it would take! I've been told I'm like someone who's kid is in the hospital, I know its not fatal but I still worry and I want my baby back!

Oh well, nothing to do but wait for news from the dealer.

EDIT: I chose to do this now because I want to get a tune for the thing and the dealer wouldn't work on it if I had tuned it. This means if I wanted the problems fixed then I would have to try the BCM replacement before any tuning. And I really want (as an example) the 370hp (peak) from a BNR tune!
Did you by any chance keepp track of your expenditures...or is this a labor of love?

Would be interesting to know if this endeavor is cost effective or not.

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
@Blasirl I need to go back through and make sure its all documented but I have kept track and even with my messups its still about $10k

EDIT: Here are the costs after going over the numbers

$10.5k for the base completed vehicle w/ tune
$11k incl winter wheels & tires
add $600 for spare trans
$12.5 Including winter tires, spare trans, and all wasted or unused parts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,330 Posts
@Blasirl I need to go back through and make sure its all documented but I have kept track and even with my messups its still about $10k

EDIT: Here are the costs after going over the numbers

$10.5k for the base completed vehicle w/ tune
$11k incl winter wheels & tires
add $600 for spare trans
$12.5 Including winter tires, spare trans, and all wasted or unused parts
So, the two wrecked vehicles, parts etc, not including your Labor...$12.5k, not bad if you consider the journey part of your education or possibly therapy.

Rough idea of time put into it?

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
@Blasirl Probably something like 20+ 8hr days, just guessing though. That also includes fabricating custom exhaust (3 times), fixing things I broke, and installing aftermarket components that weren't necessary to the function of the vehicle.

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
@Blasirl I'd say more like $14k if you were to pay someone else to do the swap including the cost of the 2 cars. Keeping in mind that number is for a MT swap, an auto would be cheaper and easier to find a verano to sacrifice.

41 - 60 of 162 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.