Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will document any work done to put the entire driveline of Cruzen2.0 in the back.

The goal is to have a mid-engined rwd cruze that still looks stock.

Progress will not begin immediately but I will update as soon as some is made.

This thread will only contain bits regarding the conversion, all other mods will still be posted under Part 2.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Why remove the drivetrain from the front?
Just stick another one in the back.
Car and Driver did that with a CRX in the 1980s, and two Accord drivetrains (automatics).

Will enjoy watching your project.
When the LE2 came out, I thought it would be fun to put it (along with the subframe and suspension) into the back of a Fiero. Weight loss and hp increase would wake up that old plastic Pontiac.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The RWD conversion was always in the cards for 2.0

Actually, I haven't really made up my mind if it will be 2.0 or another Cruze that will get the RWD conversion but for right now I've been thinking about it enough that I figured I might as well say something about my plans. The original idea involved a Pontiac Grand Am and a modified frankenstein's monster of a turbocharged ecotec and it has evolved from there. If I use Cruzen2.0 it will be the LHU out back, otherwise it will be a cobbled together monster of a 2.3L turbo ecotec with aftermarket ecu.

While I'm at it, I might as well confess to plans for a Cruzen3.0 with a Cadillac 3.0TT (and AWD) from a CT6. That would definitely require an aftermarket ecu, not just a body swap like 2.0

@Blasirl I'm stupid enough to try it but realize suffering will be involved and I'll probably do it anyways. Regardless, I also need to save up a bit before I can do anything so... LATER

1 - 6 of 6 Posts