CruzeTalk Forum Guidelines and RulesThe staff has come up with a set of rules that we believe will maintain a peaceful and positive environment.
- Be courteous and polite. The CruzeTalk staff have zero tolerance for personal attacks, insults, or derogatory comments.
- If you have a problem with another member who has offended you, hit the "report post" button at the bottom left of your screen, (to the right of the "Blog this post" button) and the staff will investigate the situation. If you are part of the problem, we will make you part of the solution.
- If you have a personal issue with a member, take it to PM first before getting the CruzeTalk staff involved. We don't care for drama. The majority of personal issues with other members can be resolved using this method.
- Do not flame other members, start flame wars, or participate in flame wars. If a given topic requires arguing or debating, do so politely, courteously, and with factual evidence.
- No spam. Since spam bots typically don't read the forum rules, I'd like to detail a few items that can be considered spam.
- Very short posts that do not add value to the discussion.
- Posts that serve no purpose but to increase your post count.
- Posts that can be deemed inappropriate for our readers (with the exception of sections dedicated for this content)
- Complaints about a car that never receive a follow-up on the solution.
- No commercial posts unless authorized by the CruzeTalk staff.
- Do not attempt to circumvent the hyperlink filter. It is there for a reason.
- Do not create multiple accounts.
- Watch your language. I understand a few words will slip in the heat of a debate, but be mindful of all potential readers.
- No racism. This is another thing the CruzeTalk staff have zero tolerance for.
- Don't try to get around the language filter on the site. It's there for a reason.
- No illegal racing stories or threads discussing illegal activity. These serve absolutely no purpose than to invite a flame war. Keep the stories off these forums. Controlled, track racing as well as posting of time slips is perfectly fine.
- Discussions revolving unsafe modifications will not be entertained. We don't really care what you do offline, but CruzeTalk will not allow discussions of unsafe modifications. This includes HID lamps in factory housings without a projector retrofit. This won't get you banned, but the thread will be locked/deleted.
- No explicit sexual content. Be mindful of the fact that your post may be read by all age groups. This is not a porn site.
- Do not troll "for sale" threads. If you aren't interested in buying what the seller is selling, move along.
We will respond to violations based on their severity. For most violations, our responses will follow the following guideline, and we reserve the right to "skip" any of these actions:
- A warning. You will be contacted by a CruzeTalk staff member notifying you of your violation of forum rules. Consider this a courtesy warning, as no action will be taken against you. We understand people make mistakes, and would prefer not to make things worse. This may be given publicly or privately.
- A forum infraction. This will leave a visible mark on your account and is your final warning. If you reach this stage, you should probably take a vacation.
- A permanent ban. This will be given if you blatantly refuse to comply. There is no get out of jail free card. You will not be coming back here. At this point, you've wasted our time and we've had enough, and if the situation is calls for it, we will make an example out of you.
Feel free to contact any moderator on this board with questions or concerns.