Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Scarlet on a family trip to GSM National park this weekend. Wifey drove behind my BIL and I on motorcycles for about 120 miles until mine gave out from being drenched in water for 12+ hours partway through Tennessee so we found a tire shop kind enough to store the bikes and booked it on down to NC to catch up with the rest of the gang. Currently almost on empty (no fuel light yet) with right at 500 mi. on the trip odo. which is showing 37 MPG and change. Explored around the park all day with four people in the car, following a friend from MO in his 315,000 mile '95 Wrangler. Ran the Tail of the Dragon in the rain leading up to dark on our way back to the cabin in Murphy. Curves, hills, pouring rain - nothing gave me cause to fear the Cruze couldn't handle it with confidence. I'm as glad as ever I have it in my roster.

At the TN/NC border on the Tail:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yeah, the Corvette museum is sponsoring a Tail of the Dragon run next weekend, I was thinking of going down there to admire the scenery

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, cool. There was a Bronco gathering in the area this weekend - all kinds of 1st gen Broncos. And bikes... and Subarus...

·
2,254 Posts
I think 500 miles is a HyperCruzer badge, right @obermd?

Post a picture of your trip thingy.

Cool photos!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,453 Posts
Crappy weather for the trip, but that is a gorgeous drive and area to drive through. I need to get back out that way in the fall.

·
2,170 Posts
Glad you're enjoying my part of the country! TN, VA, and NC offer some really beautiful roads that's for sure. Sorry about the weather....

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think 500 miles is a HyperCruzer badge, right @obermd?

Post a picture of your trip thingy.

Cool photos!
Really? Darn! Low fuel light came on this morning at 499, filled up at 501.7 which came out to 37.17 per the pump - but didn't get a pic. :(

The rain was a bummer but we still got to see plenty of the area. We wound up driving over 441 three times. Ate and sampled some wine/moonshine in Gatlinburg yesterday afternoon, and just got over to I-75 on the West side of everything. There certainly are plenty of beautiful drives in the region - BIL and I agree we need to get the bikes down here again at some point and cover some of the other areas.

Reactions: Starks8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts