Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the story is we had our second child and the cruze got really small really fast. After having to drive the grents in law mini van (since my wife's sister was with us and couldn't fit in the cruze) and having the third row was really nice. After deciding I wouldn't caught dead driving a minivan we looked for an suv and ended up with our 03 mdx touring edition.

The car itself is really nice. It's all black leather with heated seats, navigation, sunroof, running boards and a 3.5l v6 with Awd. For how big it is it moves lol.

Now for the bad... About 15 min before I got there the guys wife clipped the front bumper on the garage door and cracked and dented it. The previous owner had the heater core replaced due to it leaking and the mechanic never cleaned all if the coolant out of the floor. The headlights were both full on condensation. Both key fobs were busted and barley worked. The brakes were warped and alignment was out. Body has dents/dings all around.

What I have done...
-Replaced the front bumper
-Removed both front seats and pulled the carpet up and cleaned; removed all the foam that had soaked up coolant
-Replaced headlights with black housing OE style headlights from the 06my(which are projector low beam) and added 6000k hid's
-Added autostart with new key fobs (old ones worked to 50 ft where new works to 2000 ft;))
-Replaced all brakes and rotors
-New timing belt and water pump
-New spark plugs
-Painted brake calipers black

What's to come...
-Alignment
-Fix all dents/dings and dip satin black(while we save to have it pained gloss black again next year)
-Paint all the wood grain trim
-Swap interior lights to led's

Main thing I wanted was to have a safe and reliable vehicle for my wife to drive the kids around in and not have to worry about it breaking down on her. Turned into a family vehicle that's going to look bad @$$ ;). Will post pics when I get a chance next. Stay tuned; )

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,538 Posts
Ahh good memories. My parents leased an 03 MDX for 5 years when they still needed a bigger car.

It was a beauty - my dad's favorite car he's owned to date, and one of mine too. Great cars - very quiet, comfy as heck, pretty powerful, and comes with a huge appetite for gas (they like to shift at 4000 RPM a lot).

CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION FLUID. These 5-speed Honda automatics are the cars major weak point. Oh, and shaky brakes - yeah, Honda's OEM brakes are terrible.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they do take a little more gas then the cruze lol. But I get to use 87 instead of 93;) and for something that can seat 7 I'm ok with it. Going to change the fluid out soon too. Gotta get the honda fluid ordered. I like it and most important my wife loves it. The tires are a little choppy right now since the alignment had been out so they are a little loud but I'm thinking I'll just replace them on black Friday or a Christmas sale I can find. All in all just trying to get it to a point where I know everything has been done and how it lasts us a good long while.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,538 Posts
Yeah they do take a little more gas then the cruze lol. But I get to use 87 instead of 93;) and for something that can seat 7 I'm ok with it. Going to change the fluid out soon too. Gotta get the honda fluid ordered. I like it and most important my wife loves it. The tires are a little choppy right now since the alignment had been out so they are a little loud but I'm thinking I'll just replace them on black Friday or a Christmas sale I can find. All in all just trying to get it to a point where I know everything has been done and how it lasts us a good long while.
You should run at least 89 in it - it's a tuned-up version of the Honda Pilot's engine (premium is recommended).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts