·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,903 Posts
Yes please.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
would be a good choice. offering hatch fans a oil burner, since the architecture is the same cost of swapping into hatch should be very minimal

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I just hope the Diesel will be available in the Premier + RS trim.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
That would be nice, i wish i could at lease have the option of rs on my ctd.... dang GM and trying to think whats best for me

·
Registered
71 Posts
We can only hope a manual trans will be offered with it :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Early 2017... I wish it was sooner!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Sup Jim ? Are you thinking about a bigger GM to help ya with all òf the bodies ya have to carry around ?..or just more luggage space ?

OK then we'll put smurfboards upon IT and go Smurfing .

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I really hope GM builds the diesel version of a hatch ... and that they offer up the manual transmission straight from the European region that's been blessed with a manual diesel since day 1. They could also offer up the 1.6L Turbo from the Buick Cascada as a Cruze SS version ... 200 horsepower in a lil Cruze wouldn't be so bad, would it? Or maybe even the 2.4L turbo that could push close to 300 ponies. Now THAT would be a fun Cruze to own! (not to mention competing with the blue oval boys and their Focus) There's obviously a market for that kind of car.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sup Jim ? Are you thinking about a bigger GM to help ya with all òf the bodies ya have to carry around ?..or just more luggage space ?

OK then we'll put smurfboards upon IT and go Smurfing .
Looking to replace the '03 Protege5 in 2018 with another compact hatchback. Not an oil burner, just posted the article for the diesel freaks here.

Reactions: brian v

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really hope GM builds the diesel version of a hatch ... and that they offer up the manual transmission straight from the European region that's been blessed with a manual diesel since day 1. They could also offer up the 1.6L Turbo from the Buick Cascada as a Cruze SS version ... 200 horsepower in a lil Cruze wouldn't be so bad, would it? Or maybe even the 2.4L turbo that could push close to 300 ponies. Now THAT would be a fun Cruze to own! (not to mention competing with the blue oval boys and their Focus) There's obviously a market for that kind of car.
Thanks - my thoughts exactly. Stopped by a Chevy dealer recently (Paul Masse in East Providence, RI) and wandered around looking at the new Cruzes. I shared your same thoughts with a salesman, who listened politely and said "Uh-huh". Oh well, if more of us voice our diesel/manual transmission/SS wishes, they might come true.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts