Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about total miles to date on all 2012 Cruzes, and any mechanical issues.
I am wondering if the 2012 is 'improved' mechanically over the 2011 model Cruzes?

'12 Eco, 4500 miles, no issues at all.

· Registered
417 Posts
I hope so. Mine will be built soon and should have it in June. Was told they are getting ready for the 2013 models and many dealers can only order a few of the Cruze models due to inventory clearance. They will be having there special sales for them soon and I will still be in the loop for it. The only way I was going to get a new Cruze was to have one built and not located on a dealers lot that was sitting there for sometime. The saleman that I have known for many yrs mentioned to me that many problems have been taken care of and there main tech that I have also known for many yrs has also mentioned that they have seen very few problems with the 2012 models. My Dealer is Reedman Toll in Langhorn Pa and they have a huge inventory of GM cars with many Cruze models on display and in there lot. When mine arrives it will be the LTZ/RS version and I will keep you posted.

· Registered
683 Posts
Just hit 1000 miles on my LS today. Only real issue I have is the 4th-gear buzz. I had the high-speed wind howl but fixed it this morning with 1/2x1/4 weatherstripping.

I also took my '97 Crown Vic out for the first time in about a month; she needed a bath in the worst way. Made me appreciate my little econobox all the more.

· Premium Member
2,480 Posts
2012 1LT RS. Just passed 3k. Only problem is a minor brake noise. Everything else is exceptional

· Registered
28 Posts
I've had my '12 LS almost 2 months, just rolled 7,500 miles. It's been great. No problems what so ever, going in for it's first oil change on Wednesday. Previously had a '11 2LT with many more issues. Broken into the day I got it, Broke down because it overheated at 700 miles, 2 flat tires, 2 door dings, speaker rattled, Bluetooth didn't work. Not a horrible car but I traded it in at 9,000 miles for a 2012 Equinox and I was getting much worse mileage in the equinox so I traded in. Mileage on the 2011 2LT seems the same as my 2012 LS, but my friend just got a 2011 2LT and highway mileage seems much better. All automatic transmissions.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
5100 miles on a ECO MT assembled in Oct 2011. Rear brakes needed adjusting and wheels were out of balance on delivery. Dealership (Ed Bozarth Lone Tree) fixed the former and Discount Tire fixed the latter when I got the tires rotated and balanced. Slight knock occurred prior to increasing octane.

· Premium Member
5,048 Posts
I have 19k miles on my 2012 Eco. The only faults I've had were the trunk switch needing to be replaced under warranty.

· Premium Member
2,480 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
My 2012 LT RS has 26,500kms or about 16,500miles. I purchased it on Nov. 11,2011. I am averaging 36MPG or 6.5L/100kms. I drive the snot out of it and have had ZERO ISSUES. I have burnt 1950Litres or 515Gallons of fuel. This thing is very cheap to operate. That's a full year of driving in less than 5 months. Very well built car. They should have named it the SMART car because of all the stuff it does. WELL DONE LORDSTOWN AND GM!!!!!!

· Premium Member
2,211 Posts
I bought my 2012 Cruze Eco on December 23 and now have just over 10000 miles on her. All is good so far and I'm very happy with the 46 mpg I've have been getting with it.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
178 Posts
My 2012 LT RS has 26,500kms or about 16,500miles. I purchased it on Nov. 11,2011. I am averaging 36MPG or 6.5L/100kms. I drive the snot out of it and have had ZERO ISSUES. I have burnt 1950Litres or 515Gallons of fuel. This thing is very cheap to operate. That's a full year of driving in less than 5 months. Very well built car. They should have named it the SMART car because of all the stuff it does. WELL DONE LORDSTOWN AND GM!!!!!!
How is that a full year of driving if you drove it in 5 months? You mean it's the mileage they allow for a lease? That's how they get you, I think only my grandma goes under 16K a year and she only goes to Bingo.

2011 Cruze with 16K miles, no issues, will have 35-40K on it per year.

· Administrator
14,726 Posts
It seems that all drum brakes on the Cruzes need adjusting, so keep that in mind. My passenger side was at dead zero adjustment. I was surprised the car was even being held up with the hand brake. It was that bad.

Front popping noise started on the suspension. There's a PI out for it and GM knows it's a problem and has been working on getting a replacement strut out. Started on my car at 800 miles. If yours was manufactured on or after January 2012, you'll be fine. Some December 2011 models are also fine, but only if they were manufactured toward the end of December.

That's all I've experienced with my Cruze. Just topped 5600 miles today.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
It seems that all drum brakes on the Cruzes need adjusting, so keep that in mind. My passenger side was at dead zero adjustment. I was surprised the car was even being held up with the hand brake. It was that bad.

Front popping noise started on the suspension. There's a PI out for it and GM knows it's a problem and has been working on getting a replacement strut out. Started on my car at 800 miles. If yours was manufactured on or after January 2012, you'll be fine. Some December 2011 models are also fine, but only if they were manufactured toward the end of December.

That's all I've experienced with my Cruze. Just topped 5600 miles today.
I haven't had the strut popping noise. My manufacture date is Oct 2011.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.