Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Curious transmission happening...

1851 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Chevy Customer Care
I have a '13 Cruze LT with auto transmission with 7,500 miles on the clock. When idling at a stop light, I understand that the transmission will dis-engage and allow the car to idle in neutral. What I find happening intermittently is, while idling and foot on the brake and shifter in 'D', I feel the trans kick into gear, then dis-engage, the re-engage then dis-engage again. This happens in the span of 5 to 10 seconds. There seems to be no rhyme or reason and I can't think of any particular conditions that the car in that would cause this.

Again, at this point it's more of a curiosity than a concern. I just had my oil changed at the dealer and asked the service writer if he had heard of this with any other Cruze. He hadn't.

Any of y'all heard of or experienced this?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Resident Forum Drunkard
8,257 Posts
We all have heard of that little quirk with the automatic .

· Premium Member
5,470 Posts
Somewhere out there, there was a service bulletin for this......involves replacement of some clutch pack.

Hopefully you can find something using the search title 'surge'
Usually described as a feeling like getting bumped by the car behind you.

Rob

· Premium Member
5,470 Posts
OK....I went digging.

To those who experience what feels like a bump, surge, or vibration while stopped in gear (6A cars), first you can isolate the problem by doing the following:

When you are feeling this while waiting for a light, put the trans in manual mode and continue to sit still.
What this does is shuts off the nuetral idle ability and the trans stays engaged.
If the bump/surge/vibration feeling disappears, and reappears in normal drive positions, have the dealer look at :pI 0928A.

This gives instructions on reproducing the concern and what proceedure is to be followed.

Good luck!

Rob

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK....I went digging.

To those who experience what feels like a bump, surge, or vibration while stopped in gear (6A cars), first you can isolate the problem by doing the following:

When you are feeling this while waiting for a light, put the trans in manual mode and continue to sit still.
What this does is shuts off the nuetral idle ability and the trans stays engaged.
If the bump/surge/vibration feeling disappears, and reappears in normal drive positions, have the dealer look at :pI 0928A.

This gives instructions on reproducing the concern and what proceedure is to be followed.

Good luck!

Rob
Rob, thank you for posting that. I appreciate it. I suppose if gets annoying enough, I can go back to my dealer, armed with this info.

· Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey Qball,

Let us know whenever you decide to take your Cruze back in. We can assist you. You can always send us a message or email us.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.