Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
terrym-

About 6 months ago I went through all the cargo baskets. I purchased the aluminum one at harbor freight.. The problem is that the shank on the basket is 2". With the adapters it turned out the basket was 5 inches off the ground and had problems.

I returned that one, and went with the CURT platform that's adjustable and made for the 1 1/4" reciever. I had 20lbs of propane, a grill, and a retangular storage tub from walmart filled with stuff on it. Probably was around 70-80 lbs. I pulled this 3000 miles across the midwest and mountains with no problem at 75 mph. It's only 45 lbs, and can be installed by one person. I think the platform was about $80 from Rockauto. Best purchase improvement I've made.

However, I wouldn't load it with heavy firewood, but have had two bags of rock salt on it for short distances.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I remember taking pictures of all the cargo carrier setups I tried. I thought I had posted them to a thread about the hitch install but maybe not.

If anyone's interested in them I can try to dig them up.

Remember, you need a cargo carrier that is only 48" long. There's not many options under 60", a 60" would over extend the bumpers on each side by 6 inches..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.