Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has it and what are you running? Here is mine, I did all the fab work myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really well, handles great but I can also turn it down for a softer than stock ride.
What is your normal ride stance for cruising? Is there like presets or something?
Yeah I made a few presets. I usually like to drive it pretty low but sometimes I drive it at stock height.

This is typically where I'd drive it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
Yeah I made a few presets. I usually like to drive it pretty low but sometimes I drive it at stock height.

That looks about in between stock and lowering springs height. I assume when your low, it is on basically even terrain? I cannot believe you do not have potholes that far north though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

That looks about in between stock and lowering springs height. I assume when your low, it is on basically even terrain? I cannot believe you do not have potholes that far north though.
It is a couple inches lower than lowering spring height. I had it on coilovers before this and drove it this low year round even through winter. There are potholes but you learn how to avoid them and start to drive differently when you own a lowered vehicle.

·
Administrator
12,167 Posts
It is a couple inches lower than lowering spring height. I had it on coilovers before this and drove it this low year round even through winter. There are potholes but you learn how to avoid them and start to drive differently when you own a lowered vehicle.
I'm asking all these questions because, I think..., within a week or two mine will be lowered. I have Bilstein sport struts and Eibach Pro Kit springs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm asking all these questions because, I think..., within a week or two mine will be lowered. I have Bilstein sport struts and Eibach Pro Kit springs.
I think you'll like it. Lowering springs won't get you low enough to really effect driving habits much but it'll clean up that wheel gap a bit and handle better as well.

·
Administrator
12,167 Posts
I think you'll like it. Lowering springs won't get you low enough to really effect driving habits much but it'll clean up that wheel gap a bit and handle better as well.
That is really what I going for. I am worried about my back and getting in and out though!:hope:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is really what I going for. I am worried about my back and getting in and out though!
Don't be. You will be at most a couple inches lower, which is quite insignificant when getting in and out. Your ride still won't be stiff enough to affect your back, I'm sure. Are you doing the install yourself?

·
Administrator
12,167 Posts
If your Bilsteins aren't worn out I'm an interested buyer if/when you want to sell them :D
JEEZ, at least wait until I put them on! But you never know -my wife might have a fit - I think I neglected to tell her what I am doing. Come to think of it, she uses my car to drive her mother places so maybe lower is better - maybe.

·
Administrator
12,167 Posts
Don't be. You will be at most a couple inches lower, which is quite insignificant when getting in and out. Your ride still won't be stiff enough to affect your back, I'm sure. Are you doing the install yourself?
I was, but I have a Chevy Mechanic who will do them and all of my fluid changes for a pretty reasonable price. He has the privilege of using the shop after hours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.