Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when i replaced my glow **** gauges with the AEM ones, i didn't just want to throw them away. so i ordered some 2/16 pod cups and was thinking of reusing the glow shift gauges... Volts and ECT and this is way i was thinking of putting them. there would be 2 not just the one...

Vehicle Car Hand Driving Compact car

they are not as important as A/F and boost so they are a little out of the way. But i think i like them here

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
also if you think about how you will need to look over and take your eyes 100% off the road its dangerous for your driving.... plus the vacum line needs to be twice as long... i mounted mine my the clusters, i have pics in my garaged

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
un going to do a duel style pod like i have now.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking just a little farther than the radio so i am not worried about that. Also its gong to be ECT and Volts I will not always need to be looking at them but will want to scan them here and there. Boost and A/F are on my piller. I am not worried about the air bag. Looking at the air bags at work and the crash data on how the passanger side works...if the bag goes off it should just miss the gauges and should not send them thru the air into my face. Also i already crossed that line with the piller mount. If that air bag goes off i am sure i will eat them gauges too!

Vehicle Gauge Tachometer Car Steering part
Vehicle Car Hand Driving Compact car

·
Registered
131 Posts
IMHO They look horribly out of place there, I would suggest putting one on each side of the gauges where it kinda grooves down. If you really wanna have the gaugestothemax look, I think that would look better.

Edit: Pretty much where kfr has his but more forward so it is somewhat flush with the tach/speedo area.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Personally I'd remove the storage lid on the center console and find a way to mount there or on each side of steering wheel on top of the cluster. But the second suggestion might look funny, I'd have to see.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so i decided to put the gauge down under the steering wheel. I only installed the one so far but thanks for your input. when driving i can easly see this gauge with no problem.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Steering wheel

Vehicle Car Steering wheel Auto part Steering part

here is a bad bad very bad vid but i took it any way

aem and glow shift gauges - YouTube

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.