Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This post is for you can have an idea on how to retrofit your factory halogen fog lights using a 4" led round fog lights from morimoto.
And to do it you need to follow the following steps
1 remove your factory halogen fog lights
2 remove the fog lights from the factory brakets
3 when the fog lights are out put them in a kitchen oven at 250°F for 10 to 15 minutes and then using a flat head screw driver try to open the fog lights as you can see on one of the pictures below
4) remove the three screws that are located in the back of the led fog lights and using a little bit of white out or ink and put a little bit and put them outside the holes and now you can mount the fogs into the factory housing , now you can remove the fog light and you see paing in the housing and drill the three holes using a 1/4 drill bit
5) when the holes are ready use three screws that are 1inch long by 3/16 as you can see on one of the pictures below.
6) now you can install everything back in place and using a h11 male conector plug the fogs back in place .
7) here is the website for the led fogs http://www.morimotohid.com/complete...ousings/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-chevy.html
8) I can do a custom set for anyone who is interested in this kind of setup and better performance output for your cruze just inbox me for more details

Attachments

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Thats a tight pattern..stocks just blast light everywhere

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
4) remove the three screws that are located in the back of the led fog lights and using a little bit of white out or ink and put a little bit and put them outside the holes and now you can mount the fogs into the factory housing , now you can remove the fog light and you see paing in the housing and drill the three holes using a 1/4 drill bit
dont understand the white out/ink?

·
Registered
134 Posts
why are they yellow?
They come in both a clear and yellow film option. I was hesitant about these because they don't list the cruze as directly compatible, but good to know they can be retro'd in! Cool project OP thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts