Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this radio/DVD/nav system installed, which I ordered from China.
Car DVD Player Radio For 2008-2013 Chevy Chevrolet Cruze Support 3G WiFi TV Bluetooth GPS Navigation System Touch Screen TPMS DVR OBD Mirror Link CANBUS Rearview Camera Video
Works pretty good, although I had to forget about Sirius Radio and while there is connection for OnStar, I didn't connect it, because it was giving a constant buzzing noise, while the head unit was on. I don't use neither of them anyway. I have a backup camera connected to it, although that camera ($15 on Amazon) just kinda sux.
My biggest complaint - although both is minor- is that the language settings for the vehicle info (between the speedo and RPM) changes to Chinese after every shut down/restart of the vehicle. NO biggie, it takes literally 5 seconds to get back to English. The main display stays on English, I got no trouble with that. It's most likely a software issue, which I will not go into trying to fix it. It's Windows CE operating system, the Android version is the newer, but it costs an extra $100 and I just didn't feel like spending $400 plus shipping ($75 from Hong Kong).
Otherwise, I'm kinda satisfied with it, it does what I wanted (bluetooth connection, iPod/iPhone connection, navigation, backup camera and external video connections (2).
The main thing I wanted is, to retain the stock look of the knobs and buttons on the center console, while they also remain functional. This system works both as a touchscreen as well as works with the OEM knobs (volume, search, heating/AC). There is a microphone installed the head unit, but instead of using that, I ran a wire to the spot, where the OnStar microphone is hidden (interior lighting). I could just wired that and use that as the microphone, but I didn't want to go into the details of the stock wiring and spend hours figuring out, which wire I should tap into, so I just put another microphone next to it, which is connected to the head unit.

Note, the Compass is in Chinese. Probably a software bug, that it doesn't stay in English, it's a minor issue.

All knobs and buttons are working, except OnStar (which I disconnected).

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Looks good! I know a lot of people were trying to this to their Cruzes. Did you have to do any reprogramming on your Cruze?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks good! I know a lot of people were trying to this to their Cruzes. Did you have to do any reprogramming on your Cruze?
No nothing. This audio also features controls for steering wheels with volume and phone buttons, but I don't have any of that. The installation was pretty straighforward. There was absolutely no manual or instruction manual for it. The harness it came with connects straight on to the harness of the stock radio and the cables and plugs are labeled (AUX IN, SUB IN, NAV GPS etc).
The only thing I had to figure out is how the volume and stock radio controls connect to and what, but there was a piece of wiring harness for that too.
I could have ordered an extra piece of addon, that plugs into the diagnostic port and the radio would show car diagnostics. I don't care about that..it would have been an extra $50 or something. I ordered a wifi antenna, that plugs into a USB port on it, but it would tie up the connection for my phone and I don't see much benefit of being wifi-connected on my driveway. Perhaps if they'd have software updates it would be beneficial, but I don't see an option for that on the radio.
The navigation works, but I got so used to using my Waze on my iphone, that I hardly ever use it. With Android phone, there is a mobile connection thing on it I haven't tried out yet, but I'll give it a shot, once my wife lets me borrow her phone for testing purposes.
There is a support for people with climate control and dual/single zone etc..also seen something about remote start and adjusting when to have the doors locked and delay of of headlight turning on/off upon locking the car.
If I'd want to spend more money on the car though, I would probably get the newer models with Android, but be prepared, that there may be bugs and glitches. It's a small Chinese company there is probably minimal software testing and quality assurance, although they do give 100% refund withing a certain period.
I'm fine with my radio, it beats the stock and I didn't have to spend $200 on extra dangles and adapters , as I was going to. $370 (with shipping) is still an acceptable amount .
If I'd plan to keep the car until the wheels fall off, and if I had more money, than I would probably go for the Android version:
http://www.seicane.com/android-radi...i-steering-wheel-control-ipod-usb-sd-s1667047

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's great to hear that it is working out as a whole. Looks good!
I just ordered one similar integrated from ebay. Hard to find these types of products from american sellers, and I'm hoping to have success as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.