Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I over my Christmas holidays, I decided to venture into making my own after market intake, seeing as though the cheapest complete assembly I could find was ($380AU) which in the states is the AEM Cold Air ($234.99US). So after weeks of research, I managed to come up with something of my own. Through shopping via local auto stores and good ol' eBay, I grabbed an Apexi air flow filter from Japan (**** instructions are written in Japanese!!), a Camaro MAF housing adapter which can be used on the Cruze believe it or not, some silicone piping and voila my own short ram intake. So instead of paying my $380AU, I have managed to only spend $220 ($160US). Best of all no check engine lights.
IMG_0650.jpg IMG_0651.jpg IMG_0652.jpg
I still have some more tinkering to do. I need to get a 45 degree pipe to travel around the engine cover as the MAF sensor rubs against it. A heat shield made however I was hoping that someone could send me some measurements/dimensions of the heat shield, so at least I have something to go off. Much appreciated :th_salute:
Otherwise the induction noise this thing makes is so unbelievably loud. My wife thought my car was broken haha.
Let me know thoughts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks good, and that's good info that the Camaro MAF adapter can be used on this car. And I'm not trying to take away from your intake, because custom is always awesome, but Spectre sells a short ram with heat shield for the Cruze Eco for $160. I have it on my car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good, and that's good info that the Camaro MAF adapter can be used on this car. And I'm not trying to take away from your intake, because custom is always awesome, but Spectre sells a short ram with heat shield for the Cruze Eco for $160. I have it on my car.
I did come across the many intakes available for the cruze on https://www.carid.com/2011-chevy-cruze-air-intakes/
However to ship to AUS was $140, making it $300USD ($400AU).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys. So I over my Christmas holidays, I decided to venture into making my own after market intake, seeing as though the cheapest complete assembly I could find was ($380AU) which in the states is the AEM Cold Air ($234.99US). So after weeks of research, I managed to come up with something of my own. Through shopping via local auto stores and good ol' eBay, I grabbed an Apexi air flow filter from Japan (**** instructions are written in Japanese!!), a Camaro MAF housing adapter which can be used on the Cruze believe it or not, some silicone piping and voila my own short ram intake. So instead of paying my $380AU, I have managed to only spend $220 ($160US). Best of all no check engine lights.
View attachment 215490 View attachment 215498 View attachment 215506
I still have some more tinkering to do. I need to get a 45 degree pipe to travel around the engine cover as the MAF sensor rubs against it. A heat shield made however I was hoping that someone could send me some measurements/dimensions of the heat shield, so at least I have something to go off. Much appreciated :th_salute:
Otherwise the induction noise this thing makes is so unbelievably loud. My wife thought my car was broken haha.
Let me know thoughts.

Awesome job mate!! there's hope for me yet, i was dreading having to 500 odd bucks to get a pod installed!

Trouble with being in Oz that you have to add another US$100 postage on that price!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts