Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

custom turbo being build on 1.8L

22854 66
hello everybody on here its been some time since ive been on here lol but i have meet up with a custom car shop that will build me a custom turbo manifold for the cruze 1.8l. I have gone with a ZZP turbo that cost about $1000 and the manifold cost about $850. i still have to to buy a intercooler and the pipes and pay to have some put it together lol. the manifold will be ready before new years and the turbo should be here the same time:eusa_clap:

if everything happens to plan lol i should have the turbo in before the end of Jan. I cant wait. i also have the trifecta tuning program that will be put in after. After the turbo is in im making this car my weekand car and buying a new /used car for everyday driving.

Ill post pictures and put videos on my youtube channel ( MrCruze87 ) for all to see the project in action!! and on this thread
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its going to be about a 50mm turbo. the boost im not sure what im really going to do yet cause i need to know the limit of the car so i have to do test to see how much boost to use. im aiming for 430+ horsepower

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill have a box for sure lol the tran is going to be the next step after the turbo, i may be nuts thinking that 430 is alot for a 1.8l but im doing it, i have the people at ZZP performance helping me too and 5 other companys lol

· Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Hahah, and one of those extendable magnet arms so you don't have to bend over...... Jut kidding guys. Start off with low psi and like you said, work your way up. I'm excited to see how this works and how it's compatible with our stock cruze engines. Chef master, what Intercooler are you looking at ?

Might want to keep a box in your trunk for when you need to pick up the motor pieces off the street

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.