Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys bought some parts off here that were attempted to be deleiver and got hit with 50$ custums fees, there a way around this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure how close you are to the border of Maine but myself I live about 45 minutes from Port Huron Michigan. When I order parts and other items from the States I get them to deliver the packages to a shipping depot, Blue Water Shipping Depot to be exact and then I go over and pick up the items at my convenience.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
If shipping to Canada, UPS will absolutely assault you with customs and brokerage fees. Even on items that are sent as free promotional items or no charge warranty replacements.

Fedex is much kinder on these fees.

However, USPS (United States Postal Service) is the least expensive as custom fees are often waived.

Reactions: 96zed28

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i just caved and paid it, post lady said its random see seen one guy send 50 packages and only get charged customsfees for one. Oh well got my sri lol

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Not sure how close you are to the border of Maine but myself I live about 45 minutes from Port Huron Michigan. When I order parts and other items from the States I get them to deliver the packages to a shipping depot, Blue Water Shipping Depot to be exact and then I go over and pick up the items at my convenience.
When I bought my tires from Tire Rack, i drove from Cincinnati to South Bend Indiana to pick up the tires and advert the Shipping fees. All day trip(4 hours each way) but I saved @70 in shipping fees etc.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
When I bought my tires from Tire Rack, i drove from Cincinnati to South Bend Indiana to pick up the tires and advert the Shipping fees. All day trip(4 hours each way) but I saved @70 in shipping fees etc.
Of course this discussion is about customs fees but you drove 8 hours, used a full tank of gas to save $70? Don't you then pay local sales tax as well. I thought they shipped tires free to preferred installers?

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
UPS charges like $40 even if the package is just a paperclip when shipping to Canada.

Importing into US is a bit easier, but it can take anywhere from 1 day to 2 months for packages to clear customs. It's silly.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
If shipping to Canada, UPS will absolutely assault you with customs and brokerage fees. Even on items that are sent as free promotional items or no charge warranty replacements.

Fedex is much kinder on these fees.

However, USPS (United States Postal Service) is the least expensive as custom fees are often waived.
this

never go ups

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah driving wasnt an option for me lol, even if it was sent back and remailed it would have cost the same anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts