Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my CXRacing intake Monday and got it all installed that night within a few minutes. Install was easy. The sensor was a good fit (screws were perfect) and overall feels nicer than the Spyder by leaps and bounds. I've been commuting with it for the last few days and it sounds great and performs well. No codes what so ever. Also opposite of the Spyder intake. Definitely a great buy for the price.

I can take some pics tonight if wanted. It looks identical their cruze but I went with the black elbow instead of the blue.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have the same one I just don't use their filter mines is set up with a V stack and filter.. Also I got mine for 80 from Cx

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I'm really int in pics. I have a K&N filter lying around so....

Sent from iFail Mobile

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had my CXracing intake for about a year now. Like Atlantis, I did not use the filter (for long). I went ahead with an AEM dryflow filter. Overall it is pretty good, I went from the factory airbox with a gutted bottom housing and factory filter to this an noticed a small improvement in throttle response. The big difference was the sound. Recently I have installed a stainless window screen to help straighten the air a little. It seems to have helped throttle response even more.

Reactions: SneakerFix

·
Registered
86 Posts
How does it fit in the engine department. Does it move around any when the car is running/while driving? I bought a semi cheap cai for my truck and had to make my own mounting points for it bc the ones it came with flopped around to much for my liking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The support on the pipe works pretty well considering the low cost method it uses. The cheap filter they have is garbage and actually broke off, seriously. The AEM filter I have wobbled a little before I adjusted it so that it just barely made contact with the inner fender to prevent movement.

Reactions: Atlantis_Ro5e

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I may go this route too. Been thinking about designing a heat shield for it....

Sent from iFail Mobile

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry. Got busy. I'll grab some pics tonight.

As for the mounting, the intake comes with a bracket that mounts to one of the wiring harness holes. Just pop out the harness and run a bolt through with a nut. (not supplied.) Also not supplied is the hose clamp needed to fix the intake pipe to the bracket. I just used a clamp from the stock intake.

From the CX Racing site...

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
How is the fitment of the black/blue rubberized piece?

Sent from iFail Mobile

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The attachment is nice and tight like it should be. You very really good quality clamps.

sorry it took so long for the pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya. Will most likely pick up an AEM dry flow.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I can't wait for mine! It was supposed to be here today but because I changed the arrival location by 20 miles it's saying Friday :'(

1 - 20 of 41 Posts