Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

CxRacing Intercooler Installed

26K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  Blasirl 
#1 ·
ordered it and had a buddy install it for me. took a few pictures as he was doing the install. Everything went on great and didn't have any problem with the kit at all. removed the bottom grille from the car as well to show that new hardware off. Turbo is a lot louder now and feels to have better throttle response.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good. JMO but I would put that lower grille back on, maybe painting a silver color. Ive been considering this upgrade but I havent seen such a great buy on it. Whered you get yours from? Cost?

#3 ·
Looks good, but like Autumn said, it looks incomplete with the front grille missing. I come from a long line of turbo cars. Ive had 11 and I've usually removed the grille just like you have, but something doesn't look right. maybe if the intercooler sat closer to the grille opening, it would look better.

Reactions: Merc6
#6 · (Edited)
From a distance it looks great. Me and a buddy are going to fab up a channel to fill the space from the front to the intercooler to fill up that empty space and make it to where you can't see the clips and plastic. Will look good. Bought some aluminum to fab it up with. Will post progress.

#9 ·
It looks great ! But the factory unit is hard to beat.I gave mine a torture test at 20 psi boost in 98 degree temps with AC on.Proved to me there is no performance gain with a after market unit

#11 ·
Ive heard only intake temps...i ordered the zzp kit tonight actually.....ill have a review on it and make sure i get all engine temps with stock intercooler vs zzp intercooler. ZZP should have it shipped to me fast....they are always on top of their game.

#13 ·
Great attitude, if you like it....buy it lol. Same reason why I ordered ZZP's kit. I actually ordered last night lol, pics will be up asap once installed. I see a possible 1-4 degree change....anythings possible but for sure sitting in a better place now instead of it being tucked under the rad. Im in for better airflow:th_angelsmiley4: just stay away from the rain lol.

#14 ·
rain wont have any downsides effect to not having a grille. itll only chill in the temps even more. by chance have to measured what the gap is between the intercooler and the front bumper. im about to do two installs and wouldnt mind helping them out by bringin the intercooler out more to the front bumper for best appearance

#23 ·
Nice, it's gonna be hard for me to decide what I want to do once my tax money is in hand. It's a toss up between, rims/tires, HID's/high rise spoiler, or coilovers/strut tower bars(front and rear) or ZZP cat back exhaust. I'm gonna take whatever's left over and go to ZZP in Michigan and get tuned.

#28 ·
I went with full zzp exhaust and it is best sounds ive heard for a 4 cyclinder. Only thing I dont like is it sticks out to far off bumper but not bad looking

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Snow Mid-size car

Reactions: AutumnCruzeRS
#24 ·
For those with the CX Kit what is the size of the Intercooler including tanks?

#26 ·
2.5" Mandrel Bent Aluminum Pipes

Bar & Plate Intercooler
Core Size: 22 x 7 x 2.5 inch
Overall Size: 28 x7 x 2.5 inch
2.5" Thick Core, 2.5" Inlet & Outlet

Turbo outlet 1.5", TB 2.25", Turbo Inlet 2.25"

#27 ·
ordered it and had a buddy install it for me. took a few pictures as he was doing the install. Everything went on great and didn't have any problem with the kit at all. removed the bottom grille from the car as well to show that new hardware off. Turbo is a lot louder now and feels to have better throttle response.

How did you get the U...Code to go off?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Car Auto part

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)

Hey @jlincks I had the CxRacing also installed and I got a engine light so I thought it was the cold air intake but then I put my K&N back on it was the same. So my question is do I need to tune it because of this intercooler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.