Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the wife's new car, in all its 1.4L of glory. haha Cyber gray with 6spd manual. It replaces her '06 Subaru 2.5L 5spd.

First mod will be a simple K&N intake so she can hear the BOV better. I did the air diffuser bypass the first night and it really made no difference. I also grabbed some Plasti-Dip to black out all that chrome.

I'm a hot rodder by heart, so it will probably end up with more mods than it needs. I've driven Chevy since day 1 and have a built Camaro, Beretta and Silverado. The Cruze is the only car with an engine that I haven't built. haha

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Looking nice. Welcome to the forum. What other mods you have planned?

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Seeing yours just makes me realize i need to wash mine
Thats what I thought to myself when I saw his brand new engine bay all clean any shinny.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe a tune...dont want to void the warranty though. Not gonna go crazy on this car, the wife doesn't drive it hard anyway. I've got 550hp to play with in my Camaro, but it makes this car seem even worse. haha

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Nice pics! I see you aren't wasting any time on the intake!

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Nice ride Woody, welcome to the forum. Not too many in that color.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Nice car and welcome to CruzeTalk. Take a look at the thread on removing the intake resonator. Apparently the turbo sounds come through much better without the resonator.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I wish that color had been around in 2012. Well done, sir. Nice car.
Me too cause my fav color is grey AND I could do some of the visual mods. But I have black. It's ok. Still happy. Maybe on the next Cruze.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice car and welcome to CruzeTalk. Take a look at the thread on removing the intake resonator. Apparently the turbo sounds come through much better without the resonator.
Already did it. Didn't do anything noticeable.

I'm also looking for leather seats to upgrade mine. It annoys me that GM didn't offer them with the Eco. Also looking to pick up a set of 17" RS wheels for the summer. Gonna throw a set of Blizzaks on for the winter. I'm surprised how bad this car is in snow. My FWD Berettas were much better.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Nice looking Eco, and my advice on your intake is to get rid of it as soon as possible. The stock intake is just horrid (shape and filter wise).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
K&N is on the way. Same goes for a set of Blizzaks for the winter.

Blacked out the chrome with PlastiDip this weekend. Going to try out the silver metallizer dip on the wheels when the snows get mounted. Hoping I can get it about body color. We'll see.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
we know where that is going to be parked.Nice ride man I have enjoyed my cruze very much ever since I purchased IT in Feb 2011 . I just dislike the dealership service dept. With out further adoo .Welcome aboard

·
Registered
308 Posts
Love the color. Any thoughts on what exhaust you will put on? or what tune?

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Nice Cruze!! Welcome. Like the Grey with Black interior.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts