Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
Good luck. I have front end damage( bumper cover and fender) on my 2016 LT and the estimates I got I am looking at @2000 paying myself. I love the body shops when they come back with an outrageous estimate like mine, "oh its parts availability". and everything has to be replaced!!!!! I swear they are trying to scare you into using insurance that way it becomes a "write off on paper and the body shops don't have to feel like they are "screwing anyone just a big company that has already done that" so it is alright!?!?!?!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good luck. I have front end damage( bumper cover and fender) on my 2016 LT and the estimates I got I am looking at @2000 paying myself. I love the body shops when they come back with an outrageous estimate like mine, "oh its parts availability". and everything has to be replaced!!!!! I swear they are trying to scare you into using insurance that way it becomes a "write off on paper and the body shops don't have to feel like they are "screwing anyone just a big company that has already done that" so it is alright!?!?!?!
Honestly that is not a bad price. I got into a fender bender last year (guy ran a stop sign and removed my front bumper cover). I was estimated at $1.200.
So I bought a bumper after market and painted it and re-assembled myself. The parts cost me $200 but dealer parts were over $400. Allow another $100 for paint materials.. So $500 in parts. Then it took me 2 days of labor to prep, paint, clearcoat the bumper and reasseble. So at say $80/hr shop rate makes it $1780 just for the bumper!

Note the guy didn't have insurance but paid me $700 out of pocket and my cost was $250 in parts. $500 for 2 days work is not enough of course but at least I got something.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Have it. Thank you.
Then get the car to a body shop and get a proper estimate.

Hopefully the rear fenders arent buckled, and all you have to replace is the trunk lid, bumper cover and tail lights.

Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,894 Posts
Looks like an LS so...

Based strictly on your minimal photo coverage it looks like you need a trunk lid - probably best found at a pick N Pull or LKQ type yard, a rear fascia (bumper cover) and a tail light. If the quarter is bent, you need to have them pulled at a body shop.

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
396 Posts
Going to a "pick n save" auto scrap yard would be the best bet. The bumper cover could be less than 50 bucks bonus if white.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

To give a picture... Body shop wanted $11k bucks for this and that was only cosmetics, as the opposite side wheel got bent so it became structural thing too.

250 buck for a door from a used car parts.
300 swap in a new rim.
100 frame inspection.
90 for a quarter panel cut.

4months and I'm still fighting it out with insurance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts