Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Exactly. The emissions components are unknowns. The 14 and 15 CTDs were the test group for the new emissions components. I figure this is why they are only warrantied for 2 years. The manufacturer simply did not have a lot of confidence in the new tech

·
Registered
302 Posts
Exactly. The emissions components are unknowns. The 14 and 15 CTDs were the test group for the new emissions components. I figure this is why they are only warrantied for 2 years. The manufacturer simply did not have a lot of confidence in the new tech
And I understand their lack of confidence in it. Mine hasn't been that bad, but it has still been in for four emissions related issues. I want to say the NOx sensors have been replaced three times and the DEF tank once. Can't quite remember off the top of my head. My check engine light just came on again for P11DC (there's an entire thread about it). I'm tired of taking it in for them to replace the NOx sensor with ones that fail so quickly though, so I've decided that from here on out, if it throws an emissions related code that isn't really effecting anything, I'll just clear the code.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
I thought the P11DC was a direct product of the NOx recall? Part of that recall loaded new engine management software into the ECM.

The best part of that recall was that I was able to flash the tune back in and the code hasn't come back in 7k miles. I have replaced 3 sensors on the car so far. Not sure a delete would resolve any sensor issues since they are all still required AFAIK.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I thought the P11DC was a direct product of the NOx recall? Part of that recall loaded new engine management software into the ECM.

The best part of that recall was that I was able to flash the tune back in and the code hasn't come back in 7k miles. I have replaced 3 sensors on the car so far. Not sure a delete would resolve any sensor issues since they are all still required AFAIK.
Yep, it happened shortly after my NOx recall, but since I deleted the code, it hasn't come back. So I'm just going to not worry about it for now. I realize I could go in and likely have it dealt with, but deleting the code took 30 seconds. Getting it done by the dealer will be an all day process lol. I think a delete would resolve some sensor issues. I don't think the NOx sensors really serve any purpose if the car is deleted. So I think the delete tune shuts off the NOx sensors. Not completely sure on it though.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,124 Posts

Just went through all 25 pages just to find a dead end.

How is the house treating you?

Where are all the pictures by the way. The little I saw of the car looks good though.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Just went through all 25 pages just to find a dead end.

How is the house treating you?

Where are all the pictures by the way. The little I saw of the car looks good though.
Wow, this really sucks!!! ALL my pictures from tinypic in this thread are gone. I just checked tinypic, and my images are all there. I have to wonder if this is a problem with CruzeTalk - like, was there a software upgrade and they changed their hotlinking protocol???

I keep most of my latest stuff on imgur now. Let's see how long these pictures last... (I am definitely not going back thru this thread and re-attaching hundreds of pictures!!! :angry:)

btw - look for me on Instagram. I will post pics every now and then and all the latest stuff is there - DannyAZ5

·
Administrator
12,124 Posts

Wow, this really sucks!!! ALL my pictures from tinypic in this thread are gone. I just checked tinypic, and my images are all there. I have to wonder if this is a problem with CruzeTalk - like, was there a software upgrade and they changed their hotlinking protocol???

I keep most of my latest stuff on imgur now. Let's see how long these pictures last... (I am definitely not going back thru this thread and re-attaching hundreds of pictures!!!
)

btw - look for me on Instagram. I will post pics every now and then and all the latest stuff is there -

Instawhat? I'll hop in my Tardus and see what I can find.

Looks really nice. The colors really pop. I wish I could keep my paint looking that nice. Jury is still out on the blue Bow-tie though.

I like the spikes, goes with the roof splitters theme-wise. I like the position of the clearance warning. I'm going to have to steal it. I've been sitting on mine for about a year now trying to decide where to put it.

Is the rear splitter a Sequence item? I've been looking for a dual one for about two years with no luck so far. I'll look into the picture thing.

Oh, you should add something about the Chinese and Mexican parts in your signature just to be fair you know.

Happy Moddin'

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
The rear diffuser was an Amazon add-on. It started with me plasti-dipping the center section of the stock rear bumper. Then adding universal rear bumper shark fins from Amazon.

Looks like they don't sell them anymore, but was able to find a couple sets on ebay.

·
Administrator
12,124 Posts
The rear diffuser was an Amazon add-on. It started with me plasti-dipping the center section of the stock rear bumper. Then adding universal rear bumper shark fins from Amazon.

Looks like they don't sell them anymore, but was able to find a couple sets on ebay.
Looks pretty good though. I actually thought about those, but then seen what I really wanted and have been looking since then.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Are these the fins?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
No, those are more like an entire rear diffuser. The fins are just that - just fins.

Like this ebay listing: https://ebay.us/5qKLBj

·
Administrator
12,124 Posts
No, those are more like an entire rear diffuser. The fins are just that - just fins.

Like this ebay listing: https://ebay.us/5qKLBj
Did you click on the fins link? They are very similar only a bit cheaper and could be a bit wider too though. No matter, I am still trying to find one of what is in the picture.

Are you going to St Louis?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Did you click on the fins link? They are very similar only a bit cheaper and could be a bit wider too though. No matter, I am still trying to find one of what is in the picture.

Are you going to St Louis?
Holy crap, I think most people would have missed that link! :lol:

Those are the exact fins. :rock:

No plans to travel anywhere with the Cruze. Sorry!

241 - 252 of 252 Posts