Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 60 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Omg ive been soooo waiting for somebody to get one lol did it come with a way to revert it back to stock? And im curious about the mpg when tuned and driving it nice cant wait for updates

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
It has 4 tunes. Stock, +30, +40, and +50. I have a feeling I won't see any real mpg numbers for the next couple of tanks! :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
very nice bro...!! i like it..

what about the ecu when you go to the dealer for warranty stuff??
can you go back to stock without "marks" of the tune???

·
Registered
320 Posts
Brayden (Fleece) did pop his head in on this forum a little while ago. It would be nice for him to come back and give us some more info on the progress of his build.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Stock trans will hold for a good 250ish or something like that, no worries there. Gas builds with performance in mind will go Trifecta or VTuner, some form of intake be it Injen or K&N among other things. Throw some meth in there if you're a crazy person :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
had an opel corsa gsi before forced internals and k04 hubrid turbo made 260whp but it was manual and had no issues..
if the auto can hold the 250whp then im fine. probably going for it soon after i finish up with some dealer isues (maybe something is wrong cause i have realy bad mpg) and ill see from there. thanks..

ps.if there is a topic of another built please let me know i haven't found something yet..

why do i think the vtunner is better??
never had before experience whith plug and play maps. did once from a shop and then only custom..

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I am also glad to see people making and installing performance mods. Just be careful because the DPF and SCR are still in place with this mod. Resist the urge to stomp on the pedal everywhere you go.

*The 50hp tune may cause accelerated diesel particulate accumulation with repeated full throttle launches. This may cause more frequent regeneration and possibly require a manual regeneration that must be performed using a GM service tool. Fleece Performance is not responsible for expenses incurred due to the use of this tuner.
With great power comes great responsibility.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do some quick searches on here and youll find tons of builds and info on tuning the 1.4 turbo. Quick rundown though.

Trifecta tuning uses a downloadable program and a OBDII to USB cable to flash the tune to your car. they offer a budget tune which is basically a canned tune, meaning you cant add more mods and get them to retune for you. Trifecta dual tune or premium tune is the main one and it has the nifty feature of letting you switch between a stock/eco mode where boost is around factory level just with some timing A/F and trans tuning and a high boost mode. in autos this is done by tapping over to the select a shift mode. in manuals it uses the cruise control toggle. trifecta pushes between 21-23 lbs of boost on most cars and makes tons of torque. figure 160/190 to the wheels

Vtuner or vermont tuning is done via an efilive style handheld programmer. vermonts tuning tends to use slightly lower peak boost figures but they offer several levels of tune and with the upper tunes coming with a ported intake manifold and even a super14gt turbo upgrade. from what ive gathered Vtuner makes more top end power with the intake mani porting however i only have personal experience from trifecta.

both offer datalogging and updates as you add or change things.

Other good mods are the obvious, intake/exhaust/downpipe Forge BPV, Bosch 42 lb injectors, FMIC, water/meth kit
if your talking major money you could look into new cams,pistons/ maybe some headwork.
with basic bolt ons and a tune you should be able to reach 200/240. add water/meth turbo upgrade and ported intake manifold and maybe hit 240/270 I think thats around the highest ive seen claimed. Also if you start cranking up boost look into a Big Three kit and some better spark plugs(NGK BKR7e or autolite 3923) and check your gaps.

Look in the vendors section Jerry at BNR offers tons of parts for our car. Xtreme here is an Amsoil rep(one who i need to get up with about Amsoil also) start pushing big boost need good oil to keep those pistons and heads happy... ZZP also builds a ton of stuff for our car.

PS... I just have a K&N typhoon intake with a giant AFE dry pro S filter, Forge BPV, Collins Big Three Kit, NRG EPac3 stabilizer, autolite 3923 coppers, and a trifecta tune and according to my last datalog im pushing 213lbft by GM PID. Thats at the engine but ive heard and thought that GMs PID is much closer to wheel hp/tq than standard drivetrain loss estimates.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
if your talking major money you could look into new cams,pistons/ maybe some headwork.
with basic bolt ons and a tune you should be able to reach 200/240.
I'm at 200/340 now! I love my Diesel!!! :wavetowel2:

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I want to buy the new Chevy Cruze diesel and convert it from B20 diesel to B100 biodiesel. However, I am not mechanically inclined. Can anyone on this forum do it for me?
I'll do it for $2,800,000

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm at 200/340 now! I love my Diesel!!! :wavetowel2:
Very jealous and Im a huge diesel fan. If I could have waited on getting rid of my HHR last year i would have gotten a diesel this year. Now im still upside down from taking a hit on my HHR. However I still have enough torque to pull hills in 6th that most V6s and smaller V8s have to downshift for so Im happy for now.

Since you have your deisel tuned we want Dyno time now!!!!!!! lol Im curious to see what itll do on the dyno and do you plan any further mods?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Do you by any chance have any acceleration videos?
Acceleration video, ah check... I have a great video setup I can use, but I warn you that I suck at launching an Auto with LRR tires! :D

Since you have your deisel tuned we want Dyno time now!!!!!!! lol Im curious to see what itll do on the dyno and do you plan any further mods?
Of course there are more mods planned! I think I am doing pretty good for only owning her 3 months :lol:

The hard part is waiting for someone to release something. I like custom setups as much as the next guy, but I am not that rich ;)

And I am itching to get on a dyno. Just have to find a dyno day when its "affordable"

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
1/25/2014

So they just reopened the drag strip in Phoenix. I was fortunate enough to have just received my tune, and I was able to squeeze in a couple runs on the 25th.

A couple Caveats. I am not good at launching a car, especially one with Low Rolling Resistance tires. And there were plenty of issues that prevented me from getting in more than 2 runs. This will have to do until I can get back and try again! :D

40hp Tune

41 - 60 of 252 Posts