Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running the site in "Dark Mode", but I've discovered that it can cause problems with certain posts. I end up with black fonts on black background.

Fore example, this thread:

It's not all posts. I'm not sure what the trigger is. Perhaps it was the use of bold in that post.

·
Administrator
1,486 Posts
It looks like the OP copied and pasted it from another format. Like maybe they wrote it up in word and then posted it. The dark lettering formatting was copied over in the post. This is kinda a unique problem and not likely to be all over the site. This is however very annoying since its in a tutorial. I will have to see if I can strip the color info from the post to make it work with both skins dark and light.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is kinda a unique problem and not likely to be all over the site.
You're right in that it's not all over the site, but it's not alone. I've seen it before, but didn't take notes at the time.

Of course it wasn't an issue before due to the old site not having a dark mode.

·
Administrator
1,486 Posts
The original software did things a little different in regards to how it would have recognized the code being copy pasted from another format. This is part of the blessing and curse of xenforo. You can copy paste images and formatting but it sometimes will not work as planned and not adjust for the colors.
-Philip

·
Administrator
1,486 Posts
You're right in that it's not all over the site, but it's not alone. I've seen it before, but didn't take notes at the time.

Of course it wasn't an issue before due to the old site not having a dark mode.
I still plan on righting this. If you see it in any other posts let me know so I can get it fixed. I am just relived its not a site wide problem. :)
-Philip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts