Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 2LT with the heated seats. One of the buttons for the seat heater which is also the knob for the air conditioning/heat fan speed, is cracked. Its fully functional but looks terrible and is the only flaw on the car. Is there a way I can replace just the button or just the center part? If so where can I get it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I have a 2013 2LT with the heated seats. One of the buttons for the seat heater which is also the knob for the air conditioning/heat fan speed, is cracked. Its fully functional but looks terrible and is the only flaw on the car. Is there a way I can replace just the button or just the center part? If so where can I get it. Thanks in advance.
You can probably buy the whole module from someplace like GM Parts Direct.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Here it is, just briefly looking around, 97 bucks seems to be the best price, yeah, I know its just the knob you are looking for. Kid's old 93 Bravada had a burnt out blower motor switch, dealer only had the entire climate control he wanted 300 bucks for. Guess their mechanics don't own a phillips screwdriver was only held in my two screws. Since money was an issue, was able with a heat gun straighten out that cheap plastic housing, not for show, cleaned the contacts and slapped it back in again, it worked until is vehicle was a pile of rust.

Was a bit surprised when the mode switch, a combination vacuum and electrical switch fall apart, non-repairable, even for me. Went to my Ford dealer and got a brand new one in stock for 12 bucks, and told my daughter in her then 98 ZX2 to be far more gentle with it.

Other options is to try a wrecking yard, but not in Wisconsin, want more than the MSRP for anything, and already badly used. Guess 97 bucks isn't too bad. Can do a net search, gmpartsdirect is kind of steep on S&H charges, just put in, "Gm part number 95146208: in google.

11 95146208
HEATER CONTROL NEW, W/O AUTO TEMP CNTRL, W/HEATED SEATS
$172.48$96.59

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Since that crash in 2008, no longer getting discounts from any local dealer, would be lucky to get this switch even for 173 bucks.

Then GM is forcing all of their dealers to go through super expensive building updates, like who gives a darn about the building, ain't buying that, just give me a good price on parts or even a new vehicle.

Bunch of idiots running GM now, and probably will end up bankrupting their dealers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I found a used one on ebay for 79 bucks shipped. I wish i could have bought a cheap little button, but I figured it would be one of these situations. Thank you everyone!

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Since that crash in 2008, no longer getting discounts from any local dealer, would be lucky to get this switch even for 173 bucks.

Then GM is forcing all of their dealers to go through super expensive building updates, like who gives a darn about the building, ain't buying that, just give me a good price on parts or even a new vehicle.

Bunch of idiots running GM now, and probably will end up bankrupting their dealers.
they just forced us to remodel. they cut my office 66% to give the customers a darn new all in one coffematron machine and to have some computers for there use, the it guy no longer has a office as well as warranty administrator. they both must now buddy up at the cashiers desk... thanks gm i love small tiny office so we get a new not needed machine.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts

That's one of the reasons shop labor rates are close to $200 an hour now many places. (might even be more at some). Got to pay for all the bling somehow.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Not even sure if you could buy just on the knob if it could even be replaced. Going back a bit use to use a metal shaft and were hot pressed on. But this is in the history books, practically all plastic shafts and are glued on, will break off that plastic shaft before being able to remove that knob.

So buying the entire climate control module is the only option. Good to use a very delicate touch on these knobs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts