Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't looked since 2014 lol. I was curious if there is a dash kit or option to switch out the factory mylink (no nav) to a double din radio/screen with more power.

This is what my radio looks like.

I have the feeling the answer is still no but I would really like to replace my radio so I can actually get real sound out of the back speakers.

Any advise would be more then helpful!

Attachments

Registered
Why not just replace the screen with an android radio? Aliexpress has a few different ones and prices.馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煐

Registered
Thought about it but had a hard timing finding one with reviews that worked with the backup camera etc.
There鈥檚 this adapter that lets you use any radio with the factory camera. Used it with my android radio with no issues

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There鈥檚 this adapter that lets you use any radio with the factory camera. Used it with my android radio with no issues

Do you have a link to the radio you bought, would be nice to get one someone has had a good experience with.

Registered
Do you have a link to the radio you bought, would be nice to get one someone has had a good experience with.
Sure, I've actually owned two of them. One was a OEM style one, and the one I have now is just a regular tesla screen radio. The OEM styled one didn't work with the front controls for some reason and I got a refund and sold it, and the second one was pretty good but the software didn't really want to cooperate with my Apple CarPlay dongle. If you want pictures just let me know.

If you get one make sure to get one that has at least 2GB RAM unless your going to use it for carplay/android auto only, etc. Play store apps will be slow as hell, but honestly I don't even recommend using play store apps on them because most aren't even optimized for the screen. Which is why the one I currently have is set up for carplay only.

I'm planning to buy another one with different software and sell my current one. This is the one I have in mind. Seems like a few versions of them have CarPlay built into them so that will be nice. I'm pretty good with these android screens since I mess with them with my test bench so if you have questions just let me know.

Btw, AliExpress seems to be where these screens are the cheapest but they do take like 2 weeks to a month to arrive but it's alot better than buying from eBay where it's like $200 for a base model with 1GB RAM

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure, I've actually owned two of them. One was a OEM style one, and the one I have now is just a regular tesla screen radio. The OEM styled one didn't work with the front controls for some reason and I got a refund and sold it, and the second one was pretty good but the software didn't really want to cooperate with my Apple CarPlay dongle. If you want pictures just let me know.

If you get one make sure to get one that has at least 2GB RAM unless your going to use it for carplay/android auto only, etc. Play store apps will be slow as hell, but honestly I don't even recommend using play store apps on them because most aren't even optimized for the screen. Which is why the one I currently have is set up for carplay only.

I'm planning to buy another one with different software and sell my current one. This is the one I have in mind. Seems like a few versions of them have CarPlay built into them so that will be nice. I'm pretty good with these android screens since I mess with them with my test bench so if you have questions just let me know.

Btw, AliExpress seems to be where these screens are the cheapest but they do take like 2 weeks to a month to arrive but it's alot better than buying from eBay where it's like $200 for a base model with 1GB RAM
Yes please let me see your current in the car. Also other then the cable you gave above for the backup camera was any other special harness required for these to plug and play?

Registered
Yes please let me see your current in the car. Also other then the cable you gave above for the backup camera was any other special harness required for these to plug and play?
Not that I know of everything else worked pretty well. The cables supplied were enough for it to work on it鈥檚 own besides the camera. And yes here is a picture of the screen

Also depending on the screen you get the USB port in the center console will work too. It will be useless though unless you have compatible Apple CarPlay/android auto hardware installed on your tablet or you use a USB dongle..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not that I know of everything else worked pretty well. The cables supplied were enough for it to work on it鈥檚 own besides the camera. And yes here is a picture of the screen

That is bad ass. So I assume factory 7" screen and disc player come out and that slots in? Thank you so much for all the answers.

4GB / 64GB / Octo core wifi good enough of a model?

Registered
That is bad ass. So I assume factory 7" screen and disc player come out and that slots in? Thank you so much for all the answers.

4GB / 64GB / Octo core wifi good enough of a model?
Yep nothing from the original radio you will use. The screen is the entire thing. I鈥檓 assuming you鈥檙e gonna order the screen that I had in mind linked?

Also yes 4GB+64GB will be absolutely plenty but you can save money if your just going to use it for CarPlay and get a lower spec model with it equipped

The issue i had with the one I have now was the audio not unpausing when I pressed unmute on the steering wheel. Turns out it鈥檚 a screen issue and not the dongle I used

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep nothing from the original radio you will use. The screen is the entire thing. I鈥檓 assuming you鈥檙e gonna order the screen that I had in mind linked?

Also yes 4GB+64GB will be absolutely plenty but you can save money if your just going to use it for CarPlay and get a lower spec model with it equipped

The issue i had with the one I have now was the audio not unpausing when I pressed unmute on the steering wheel. Turns out it鈥檚 a screen issue and not the dongle I used
Last question. Did you notice any speaker volume levels going from the OG mylink to this? Doesn't state the watts per channel anywhere

I see it states 4x45 watt --- I'm sure that's not true haha

yes this one - 75.47US $ 47% OFF|For Chevrolet Cruze 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Android Dsp Ips Car Radio Multimedia Player Gps Navigation No Dvd - Car Multimedia Player - AliExpress

Registered
Last question. Did you notice any speaker volume levels going from the OG mylink to this? Doesn't state the watts per channel anywhere

I see it states 4x45 watt --- I'm sure that's not true haha

yes this one - 75.47US $ 47% OFF|For Chevrolet Cruze 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Android Dsp Ips Car Radio Multimedia Player Gps Navigation No Dvd - Car Multimedia Player - AliExpress
Honestly I鈥檓 not sure. You don鈥檛 have the pioneer system right? But I will say the audio past level 10 is very loud and imo it鈥檚 definitely louder than the mylink

This was the one I had in mind: 80.83US $ 48% OFF|Srnubi Android 11 Tesla Style Car Radio For Chevrolet Cruze J300 2008 - 2012 2 Din Multimedia Player Gps 2din Carplay Stereo Dvd - Car Multimedia Player - AliExpress
This one just had different android software, and some models have CarPlay equipped on them for cheaper but entirely up to you though

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honestly I鈥檓 not sure. You don鈥檛 have the pioneer system right? But I will say the audio past level 10 is very loud and imo it鈥檚 definitely louder than the mylink

This was the one I had in mind: 80.83US $ 48% OFF|Srnubi Android 11 Tesla Style Car Radio For Chevrolet Cruze J300 2008 - 2012 2 Din Multimedia Player Gps 2din Carplay Stereo Dvd - Car Multimedia Player - AliExpress
This one just had different android software, and some models have CarPlay equipped on them for cheaper but entirely up to you though
Yeah no pioneer system. I like the look of the one you are thinking about better but that being said we know the one that you have right now works. I get leery about trying things from sites like that with long shipping timeframes haha!

Registered
Yeah no pioneer system. I like the look of the one you are thinking about better but that being said we know the one that you have right now works. I get leery about trying things from sites like that with long shipping timeframes haha!
It鈥檚 definitely no problem lmao I was skeptical at first when I saw these for super cheap compared to eBay but mine arrived in about 2-3 weeks and it was packaged surprisingly very well

and yeah that is the one I鈥檓 probably going to buy next to see if the issues I have with this screen right now are fixed but I hope you enjoy it once it arrives! Once you get used to them you鈥檒l realize they鈥檙e very neat. And one more thing: the software definitely isn鈥檛 perfect. There will be lots of broken english everywhere on it or some things may be glitched

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It鈥檚 definitely no problem lmao I was skeptical at first when I saw these for super cheap compared to eBay but mine arrived in about 2-3 weeks and it was packaged surprisingly very well

and yeah that is the one I鈥檓 probably going to buy next to see if the issues I have with this screen right now are fixed but I hope you enjoy it once it arrives! Once you get used to them you鈥檒l realize they鈥檙e very neat. And one more thing: the software definitely isn鈥檛 perfect. There will be lots of broken english everywhere on it
Broken English? So like the rest of the USA anymore ahhahahahah.

Thank you so much for your help.

Registered

The OEM style is the one Ive been looking at. Mine came with the tiny green screen and I added the Mylink with Nav and the backup camera and Im liking that right now.馃枛

Registered
The OEM style is the one Ive been looking at. Mine came with the tiny green screen and I added the Mylink with Nav and the backup camera and Im liking that right now.

Tbh if the radio controls worked I would have preferred it over the tesla style one. No matter what I did nothing fixed it but it could have been because I had a mylink originally and not a basic radio which the seller thought that was the problem

1 - 20 of 21 Posts