Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Why not just replace the screen with an android radio? Aliexpress has a few different ones and prices.🤷‍♂️🖖

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sure, I've actually owned two of them. One was a OEM style one, and the one I have now is just a regular tesla screen radio. The OEM styled one didn't work with the front controls for some reason and I got a refund and sold it, and the second one was pretty good but the software didn't really want to cooperate with my Apple CarPlay dongle. If you want pictures just let me know.

If you get one make sure to get one that has at least 2GB RAM unless your going to use it for carplay/android auto only, etc. Play store apps will be slow as hell, but honestly I don't even recommend using play store apps on them because most aren't even optimized for the screen. Which is why the one I currently have is set up for carplay only.

I'm planning to buy another one with different software and sell my current one. This is the one I have in mind. Seems like a few versions of them have CarPlay built into them so that will be nice. I'm pretty good with these android screens since I mess with them with my test bench so if you have questions just let me know.

Btw, AliExpress seems to be where these screens are the cheapest but they do take like 2 weeks to a month to arrive but it's alot better than buying from eBay where it's like $200 for a base model with 1GB RAM
The OEM style is the one Ive been looking at. Mine came with the tiny green screen and I added the Mylink with Nav and the backup camera and Im liking that right now.🖖

1 - 2 of 2 Posts