Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Dash lights stay on and no power

1113 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Johnny B
Hi everyone,
I am new here and loving it.
I recently bought a Chevy Cruze 1.6 hatchback (2012).

Was wondering if someone can help with a few issues I have please.

1. There is no power on acceleration, power only comes back between 4500 and 5000 rpm.

2. Doors lock constantly when driving. (Doors are locked and you can hear the doors want to lock again and again and....)

3. 90% of the lights on the dashboard stays on, even after car is turned off, no one in the car and car is locked. On 24/7.

4. Dash displaying Code 89, even after code reset was done. No other errors / codes found when diagnostics were done.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,259 Posts
The first place I would check is the battery. Make sure the battery is good, and check the connectors. It is critical you remove the connectors and clean them, just "looking" is useless.
The second thing I would do is check the grounds. I would start with the ones attached to the strut towers.
Thirdly, I would clean the pin connectors to the ECM. The ground pin might be corroded or jumping over to a powered pin.

The only thing that makes sense is that you have a bad ground, or maybe some water in a component.
You could also start pulling fuses, and you might be able to isolate the bad actor.

Unfortunately this is the kind of issue that just takes time and a little luck to find. :coffee:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.