Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2013 1.4T 6M Cruze with 55,000 miles in for an oil change and tire rotation today. The dealer claims that my oil pan is leaking and needs to be resealed, for a cost of $546.56. What makes me suspicious is that my garage floor has no oil spots on it. I asked the service writer how that can be, and she told me that it only leaks when it's running, and the leaking oil goes out onto the road. But I check my oil at least twice a month (always have). And it's always full. Can anyone tell me how my pan can be leaking but my engine stays full of oil and doesn't leak on the floor?

·
Premium Member
4,831 Posts
Well put. Too bad, I liked some of the folks there.
Had the same thing happen to me with a dealership I loved with new owners and employees. They just cleaned mine this time, never saw or lost a drop of oil so I just reminded the writer I do have a 'warranty' I bought from them. He dropped it

·
Super Moderator
7,268 Posts
Clean everything with some brake cleaner spray and few paper towels. Start the engine to see if anything starts right away. Then take it for a short ride and check again. If nothing wait a day or so and check again - assuming you do some driving. It could be the CPASV's, the turbo oil line, the crank seal - usually due to over-pressure caused by a bad PCV valve or a few other items.

Some of the fixes for when you figure out what is leaking.
How-To: Change the Oil Cooler Seals
How-To: Replace CPASV (Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve) Seals
How-To: 1.4L Gen 1 front crankshaft seal replacement
How-To: Replace the Valve/Camshaft Cover (1.4L Turbo)
How-To: Replace Turbo Oil Feed Line
How-To: Charge pipe clean - up.

A cause of some of the leaks:
2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

1 - 7 of 7 Posts