Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i've brought my car to the dealer at least 3 times all with the same out come of them telling me this is normal. well i think there full of ****.
so since they repaired my cam seal that blew. ive been getting oil leaking at the throttle plate. not a 100% sure what the problem is that is causing it but the dealer says the car is fine.
well ive tried to trouble shoot the trouble my self, and im thinking its the PVC system or im getting blow-by from the piston seals when at high load. i dont know.
From what ive seen is that the spark plugs look oil fouled to me but that say that its normal to have oil around them and have that abound of ash on the plugs.
my oil gets dirty in no time. and lost about a quart of oil in 1700km. \
they put dye in the oil but they say that are not seeing and external leaks. really cause i see if coming out of the throttle body and charge pipe.
tired of going to the dealer.
here is some pics. could use some help with this. is this really normal? cause i thought that there is only so-poses to be air in the intake system not oil?
they say its condensation.
Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Automotive engine part Helmet Cookware and bakeware Tandoor Auto part Automotive engine part Spark plug Metal Auto part Hardware accessory Fastener Automotive engine part Screw Auto part Fuel line Auto part Engine Water Tandoor Charcoal

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is certainly an issue. I can't tell what it might be, but I would recommend going to a different dealer.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Crosstown or Courville?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought the 2014 ltz rs 1.4L at dan courville .
i called crosstown and told them that i was having issues that were not getting fixed and if i can make an appointment with them at crosstown cause i here they have a better service center but they refused to take me in and told me to go to where i bought it.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
i bought the 2014 ltz rs 1.4L at dan courville .
i called crosstown and told them that i was having issues that were not getting fixed and if i can make an appointment with them at crosstown cause i here they have a better service center but they refused to take me in and told me to go to where i bought it.
Place a call to GM of Canada in Oshawa. Do a google search and find an 800 number. They'll help you to get your car fixed.

The other option is to go on a road trip. When you leave town for shopping / testing where do you usually go?

Lots of sudbury people seem to end up in Ottawa. In fact I just saw a Dan Courville car on the road yesterday.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
While the check valve in the intake looks to be intact, someone needs to remove the air charge hose at the intercooler, and drain the oil out of it.

I'm guessing when the valve cover was leaking, it was allowing high velocity air at the top of the engine, this could pull oil into the intake.

I'd start at the throttle body where there's noticeable wet oil, and work backwards. That oil has to be coming from the air supply line, which is connected to the intercooler.

I believe CruzeEcoBlueTopaz (CEBT) has close to 400,000 miles on his cruze, and has had the intake removed and cleaned. He's always in the drivers seat, so we don't hear much from him here on the forum.

The problem with cleaning the intercooler, is that it may have to come out of the car. I don't think there's any easy ways to do it, if you remove the charge tube at the lower end and find noticeable oil. A leaf blower type device, vs. pulling the bumper cover and removing the assembly the intercooler is attached to? Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the suggestions i will look that number up and give them a call.
as for road trips the car has been to Toronto, north bay, and temiskaming quebec. have not been to Ottawa. i hear its very nice there.
i check the outlet of the inter-cooler and not much poured out but it. could all be below the hole of the inter cooler but oil has definitely got in there.
the dealer said that there would be a code if there was a problem. and tells be everything is normal. But he what do i know im treated like im some dumb idiot that doesn't know anything.

any way ill give that 800 number a call and see what they can do for me. just want the care to run smoother , it doesn't boost as nice as it used to. the car used to pull a lot harder now its meh.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
You know there's also the dealer in Sturgeon Falls.

I doubt they'd turn you away.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine does the same thing. My plugs do not have any oil on them like yours, but my intake does have some oil in it. I clean it out about once or twice a year. Top of my intake at the check valve has oil in it also, but it looks more burnt than what yours does. Mine has 61k miles. Never took it to dealer. I have seen others that do the same thing. I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and drive the thing. Never has missed a beat and runs perfect. Oh, and mine is a early build 13' model.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
use less , went true customer care, got the car in at a different dealer, all they did was inspect the oil at the throttle plate and say it looks like residual oil from the last repair i have which was a cam seal they replaced, but that was a while back and has been cleaned by the deal they say. and told me to follow up with my original dealer.
so apparently they wont do any test unless the trouble calls for any, and for an oil leak all they will do is a visual inspect.
like try and rule things out, if they can . they said they wont do a compression test. to test the seals, im not sure of any other test they could do to diagnose this issue with oil coming out of the throttle plate and leaking down on to the trany.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Had this issue and my dealer replaced whole intake manifold including the TB. Mine had the red valve missing though. Maybe pull that valve out and then have them take a look. They may only change the manifold if that valve is missing. Sometimes you gotta help the situation yourself.

How long has it been noticably leaking at the TB. From looks of it its been a long time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its been happening since we had the -42C, back in January i think, that when i heard some loud bang noise. car still ran ok. but by the time i got it to the dealer after probably driving around with almost no oil. some damage had to have been done internally i think. but hey they think were all idiots. ya i should of check my oil sooner, that was my own stupidity but still. they should come good and still fix it . they should have put a low oil sensor in the cruze. but no they dont have them.

well gm is trying to get things further looked into and hope that works out. the car runs not too bad. just little things, like sometime when your stepping on it and well the car takes a **** and donesnt really want to go.
no codes so they dont really help you much if they cant use a computer to find a trouble . what happen to the old fashion way of trouble shooting car issues. there to dependent on there scan tools.
anyway ill update when i get back to my origonal dealer, hoooooooooooooooooope they do something even on spec, but im probably asking to much there.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
its been happening since we had the -42C, back in January i think, that when i heard some loud bang noise. car still ran ok. but by the time i got it to the dealer after probably driving around with almost no oil. some damage had to have been done internally i think. but hey they think were all idiots. ya i should of check my oil sooner, that was my own stupidity but still. they should come good and still fix it . they should have put a low oil sensor in the cruze. but no they dont have them.

well gm is trying to get things further looked into and hope that works out. the car runs not too bad. just little things, like sometime when your stepping on it and well the car takes a **** and donesnt really want to go.
no codes so they dont really help you much if they cant use a computer to find a trouble . what happen to the old fashion way of trouble shooting car issues. there to dependent on there scan tools.
anyway ill update when i get back to my origonal dealer, hoooooooooooooooooope they do something even on spec, but im probably asking to much there.
Hey JoshDS,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our team would be more than happy to act as an extra layer of assistance while you work with your dealership towards a resolution for your vehicle concerns. If you would like to proceed, please send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of your Chevrolet dealership.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 13 of 13 Posts