Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, My name is Daniel Lee and I have a 2017 ltz cruze. I am currently at Lifestyle motors located in Trinidad and Tobago awaiting to do my 5000km service. The dealer (lifestyle) now notified me that they are not accepting any parts or oils that are not bought from them. They are stating due to some legal issues with previous customers who brought their parts and are having issues. They will not be using not any non bought in store parts oils etc from last week. I would like to know how are the able to do that while gm has many authorized oil gm dexos stamped which we are supposed to able to use in the engine. And many oem parts we can order direct from gm or gm dealers from online. lifestyle says if they use the parts & oil that is not bought from them it will void my warranty on the car.. The ac Delco oil is $95 a qt and its 5 qts ($475)It needs approximately while the oil I bought in bulk valvoline is $276 for the gallon which has the dexos 1 Gen2 stamp. Can a chevrolet representative please contact me so we can attempt to sort out this issue? To see why they are forcing customers to by their over priced parts and oils. To keep the warranty when we the customers should be able to use gm approved oils and oem parts from USA or any other Authorized gm dealer?... My contact # is 8683155276 email [email protected]

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Dealerships aren't part of GM. They're franchised by GM to sell and service GM vehicles. As such they have every right to refuse to use customer supplied fluids and parts.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The dealer is a independent retail operation that holds a franchise agreement with, in this case, Chevrolet.
Being independent allows them to make their rules and, frankly, regardless of where you are, most operations frown on customer supplied service parts.
The sale of parts is part of the dealerships income.
Yes, you can get better pricing but that is a result of you buying from someone who markets (and stocks) far larger quantities of (in this case) motor oil.

The dealer only buys two or three hundred quarts at a time and, as a result, don't have the buying power that these other marketers have.......they buy thousands of quarts at a time and enjoy quantity purchase discounts that are extended to, in this case, you.

Some dealers are OK with carry in, some are not.
Those that frown on it look at customer supplied parts about the same as restaurant would respond if you carried in your own raw steak and requested they cook it to your order.
For the record, always check with the dealer BEFORE you buy your own parts.......like I said, some will, some won't.

Keep in mind that the aftermarket parts suppliers are geared around the DIY market and, if you want to save money then you will need to learn to perform these services to add to your savings.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
Good day, My name is Daniel Lee and I have a 2017 ltz cruze. I am currently at Lifestyle motors located in Trinidad and Tobago awaiting to do my 5000km service. The dealer (lifestyle) now notified me that they are not accepting any parts or oils that are not bought from them. They are stating due to some legal issues with previous customers who brought their parts and are having issues. They will not be using not any non bought in store parts oils etc from last week. I would like to know how are the able to do that while gm has many authorized oil gm dexos stamped which we are supposed to able to use in the engine. And many oem parts we can order direct from gm or gm dealers from online. lifestyle says if they use the parts & oil that is not bought from them it will void my warranty on the car.. The ac Delco oil is $95 a qt and its 5 qts ($475)It needs approximately while the oil I bought in bulk valvoline is $276 for the gallon which has the dexos 1 Gen2 stamp. Can a chevrolet representative please contact me so we can attempt to sort out this issue? To see why they are forcing customers to by their over priced parts and oils. To keep the warranty when we the customers should be able to use gm approved oils and oem parts from USA or any other Authorized gm dealer?... My contact # is 8683155276 email [email protected]
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

First I suggest you remove your phone number from your post for privacy concerns.

You could try and contact @Chevy Customer Care and have your VIN and preferred local dealer information handy.
You can also leave a message here

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

FYI: (these are for the Gen I, but may be useful)

[h=1]How-To: Cruze Oil Change - 1.4T[/h]
[h=1]DIY Oil Change Checklist[/h]
[h=1]Owner's Manual Maintenance Intervals Have Changed![/h]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts