Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, My name is Daniel Lee and I have a 2017 ltz cruze. I am currently at Lifestyle motors located in Trinidad and Tobago awaiting to do my 5000km service. The dealer (lifestyle) now notified me that they are not accepting any parts or oils that are not bought from them. They are stating due to some legal issues with previous customers who brought their parts and are having issues. They will not be using not any non bought in store parts oils etc from last week. I would like to know how are the able to do that while gm has many authorized oil gm dexos stamped which we are supposed to able to use in the engine. And many oem parts we can order direct from gm or gm dealers from online. lifestyle says if they use the parts & oil that is not bought from them it will void my warranty on the car.. The ac Delco oil is $95 a qt and its 5 qts ($475)It needs approximately while the oil I bought in bulk valvoline is $276 for the gallon which has the dexos 1 Gen2 stamp. Can a chevrolet representative please contact me so we can attempt to sort out this issue? To see why they are forcing customers to by their over priced parts and oils. To keep the warranty when we the customers should be able to use gm approved oils and oem parts from USA or any other Authorized gm dealer?... My contact # is 8683155276 email [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
$95 a Quart? We can mail you some from the U.S. for about $2 a Quart plus fees. What the Dealer is telling you is their choice. First they don't make the profit they need. Second they can't stand behind their work if they use your parts. I checked the Trinidad Tobago G.M. Website but it was last updated in 2012 and I see the 2013 Chevy CRUZE RHD sold locally. Do you not get a couple free Oil changes with the 2017?
Chevrolet Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers and Vans |

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No they don't give any free oil changes. And they haven't update the gm trini website yet. The name of the dealer is lifestyle motors. They are the one and only dealer for new chevy and Suzuki cars

·
Registered
157 Posts
Trinidude, that is unfortunate that dealership is doing that.
It is their prerogative to charge whatever markup on parts *they* are going to warranty. They don't get to decide what GM will warranty. If you buy your own DexOS oil and change oil properly, I understand all GM warranties remain.

It is your prerogative to have the oil change done elsewhere or to do it yourself with the real DexOS oil you order for low price from whatever dot com .

All warranties remain valid if you obtain real DexOS oil and install it yourself or have whatever mechanic/shop do it.
Just keep the receipt. Photograph some stuff on cellphone too, smiling faces showing the old oil and new oil, sealing the new oil filter with a bead of oil, all the good stuff whatever, showing the receipt. Maybe include a photo of yourself in front of the dealership service department, holding the receipt showing how you paid 4% of the cost they wanted to charge you!

Did anyone from chevy contact you ? not sure if they monitor this forum. Pretty sure they do monitor edmunds , have you tried that forum too?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trinidude, that is unfortunate that dealership is doing that.
It is their prerogative to charge whatever markup on parts *they* are going to warranty. They don't get to decide what GM will warranty. If you buy your own DexOS oil and change oil properly, I understand all GM warranties remain.

It is your prerogative to have the oil change done elsewhere or to do it yourself with the real DexOS oil you order for low price from whatever dot com .

All warranties remain valid if you obtain real DexOS oil and install it yourself or have whatever mechanic/shop do it.
Just keep the receipt. Photograph some stuff on cellphone too, smiling faces showing the old oil and new oil, sealing the new oil filter with a bead of oil, all the good stuff whatever, showing the receipt. Maybe include a photo of yourself in front of the dealership service department, holding the receipt showing how you paid 4% of the cost they wanted to charge you!

Did anyone from chevy contact you ? not sure if they monitor this forum. Pretty sure they do monitor edmunds , have you tried that forum too?
I didn't know that . all the dealer said if I change my oil or do any service/fix outside of them the warranty will be void. I will check edmunds now and see if I can get a chevy representative
Thanks buddy

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Are there any other GM dealerships on the island? If so use one of them. If no and there is something else you like sell you Cruze and go to a different manufacturer. Let GM Corporate (as in CEO Mary Barra's office) know why you won't purchase GM again.

Your only other choice is to pay the highway robbery to this dealership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$14.09 USD / qt sounds about right for the synthetic ac delco oil. Do you have a part number for their oil?
No they didn't even leave the empty bottles for me to see the part # how much u guys pay for an oil filter and air filter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts