Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just got off the phone with GM and they have done all they can do she said. They have documented the occurrence and business transactions from the warranty/sale of the car. They were very apologetic and sent me a manufacturer's service coupon for $100. They said the dealer is a private business and there is not much they can do but help in discussions and document what happens. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer, but gm said I do owe the dealer the deductible still.

·
Premium Member
5,284 Posts
Ok you spent $1200 for a GMPP, GREAT price, how long were the terms? You have a copy of that right and the little GMPP Card you carry in your wallet, it will list these figures. I assume that is where the $200 deductible came from. I extended my GMPP by a month and a few hundred miles by buying a GMPP after canceling my original Dealer's GMPP. I bought a 7 year/70K Zero deductible policy on my 2014 which lasts until 2021

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Lmao, valve cover was leaking under the oil fill cap... minor leak... they replaced the cover and gasket and now my spark plug wells are filling with oil. It's actually leaking worse now after they repaired it and in new areas.
20191124_101106.jpg
20191124_101106.jpg
20191124_101117.jpg
20191124_101146.jpg
20191124_102012.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
Lmao, valve cover was leaking under the oil fill cap... minor leak... they replaced the cover and gasket and now my spark plug wells are filling with oil. It's actually leaking worse now after they repaired it and in new areas.
View attachment 284445
This was repaired by a dealer? Wow !

Regardless, I assume it's guaranteed and will be re-done under warranty. So make sure they put in a new ignition coil this time, on their nickel. With that much oil leaking into the plug wells, I'd be concerned about damage to the coils.

Doug

[Edit] That said, I don't know I'd want to go back to the same place. It would be nice if you could take it somewhere else while still not having to pay.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I need to move to Tn.

That gap and warranty is cheaper then what I've been getting charged on the cruze and the hyundai before that. $700 and $1700.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thank you, this is the same dealer I bought the car from. I haven't heard anything since the incident occurred. On November 20th the gm rep, me, and the financial manager were in a group call and he said he would discuss it with the general manager.

I left out a few details about those conversations. After I spoke with the service advisor, i called gm and told the senior advisor what happened. She called the dealer and called me back saying service is saying they never told me the car was covered under warranty and I have to pay. I took pictures of the receipts and sent them to her showing warranty and $0 and I had the car in my possession. The senior advisor thought my car was still at the dealership. She was a little in shock after this and called the service manager in a group call and right away he starts the conversation about my extended warranty and that he filed it already and I owe the deductible. The senior advisor calls him out about what happens and then he tries to justify his service advisors actions and dismisses them like it doesn't matter and i still owe them money
Ya they screwed up. If they tried to charge your aftermarket warranty I would contact them immediately and have them do a stop-payment on anything the dealer tried to cash out to them. This dealer messed up bad.

·
Premium Member
5,284 Posts
Ya they screwed up. If they tried to charge your aftermarket warranty I would contact them immediately and have them do a stop-payment on anything the dealer tried to cash out to them. This dealer messed up bad.
I know the Dealer can extend an "Extended Warranty" for time and Mileage. A Dealer can't make any adjustments to the Factory coverage

·
Registered
250 Posts
I know the Dealer can extend an "Extended Warranty" for time and Mileage. A Dealer can't make any adjustments to the Factory coverage
The fact the dealership gave the car back to the customer saying everything was covered and he has a receipt showing that voids him from any responsibility from it. Regardless of how the original dealer tried to manipulate the factory warranty and how this second dealer tried to run the work through the factory warranty and then came back and is now trying to run it through the purchased extended warranty. They ****** up, time to swallow it. You don't purchase an item and then weeks later have a store try and charge you more for the item because "it was a mistake."

·
Registered
38 Posts
For What it's worth....

Dealerships perform what is called a Pre Delivery Inspection, or PDI. It's a general inspection of every vehicle they get off the truck. Most commonly (but not always) performed soon after the vehicle is delivered to the dealership. This includes, but is not limited to: checking fluids, tire pressures, removing plastic seat covers, foam door protectors, ect... stuff that the factory leaves on to protect the car in shipping...as well as a test drive (sometimes), and to the gas station. It makes perfect sense that a car would have this done before anyone purchased the vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are
I bought my 2014 cruze "new" from the dealership on 3/27/15 with 3000 miles. I asked them how the car is new with those miles and they said it was never owned by anyone and that it's still considered new. I asked them about the manufacturer's warranty and they said they would adjust the 3yr b2b and 5yr powertrain warranty. They adjusted the mileage to 39k and 103k, but the time started ticking down 10/07/14, when the dealer put it into service , 5 months before I bought the vehicle. On my contract it states delivery date 3/27/15, delivery miles 3,000. 3 years 39k miles b2b and 5 years 103k power train. Cam cover gasket was leaking and brought it in to get replaced. Powertrain is suppose to be good till 3/27/2020. Service tech told me it was leaking and was covered under powertrain, I authorized the repair and had to wait 2 weeks for the valve cover assembly. It was done yesterday and I picked up the vehicle and signed paperwork and said warranty $0. Today I get called from the dealership saying my warranty was expired and I owe them $400 after they had my car for 2 weeks and didn't have a loaner available. They said my warranty expired 10/7/19 on powertrain and demanding money. View attachment 284359 View attachment 284360
They are scam artists. A dealer here in California is advertising a used manager car with over 5000 miles ,as a new Black Friday deal lol. They are nuts.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The fact the dealership gave the car back to the customer saying everything was covered and he has a receipt showing that voids him from any responsibility from it. Regardless of how the original dealer tried to manipulate the factory warranty and how this second dealer tried to run the work through the factory warranty and then came back and is now trying to run it through the purchased extended warranty. They ** up, time to swallow it. You don't purchase an item and then weeks later have a store try and charge you more for the item because "it was a mistake."
Bro, it's the same dealer I bought the car from and did the repair that is leaking worse now than before. I called another dealer that was 30 miles away in the next town but they had a 2 month wait time for service. I contacted gm again and sent pictures of the new valve cover and gasket leaking in multiple areas, my main concern is the PCV gases/liquids going into my spark plug wells and ignition coil. Car has a slight stumble at low rpms and feels like it hiccups when I accelerate. I watch the rpm climb and then stop and then climb like someone is hitting an on/off switch on the turbo. It doesn't jerk around, it actually does it pretty smoothly but you can tell you lose power briefly. No CEL has triggered yet

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I opened her up this morning, you can see the gasket wet. Run your finger along the head and cover and its wet around the spark plug wells. Doesn't look like it was tightened down evenly as in some spots there is more of a clearance than others. Looking at the engine, the left cylinder is the worse. The first 2 keeps accumulating oil in the wells while the 3rd and 4th are dry. In between # 2 and 3 there is a small indention, bowl shaped. That had a little puddle lol
20191127_080521.jpg
20191127_080517.jpg
20191127_074917.jpg
20191127_074913.jpg
20191127_074825.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
Just saw this thread and with what in Australia would be 5,000km the car would have to be sold as a demonstration model and warranty would start from 5,000km. It would also usually include any accessories as part of the base price. When I picked up my new 2012 Cruze it had 7km on the clock and now at 76K km still has no issues. Mine is a diesel, so is less troublesome than the petrol models.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Okay, I took the cam cover off and the engine is clean, no sludge that I can see, I noticed the dealership smothered the rtv sealant on and it's a mess. I also noticed a green colored film or fluid. Not sure what it is. It's on the bolts and timing chain along with the top of the cover, any insights why it's green? I know the dealer added a fluorescent dye in the oil to verify the leak.
20191128_095936.jpg
20191128_095942.jpg
20191128_100008.jpg
20191128_100015.jpg
20191128_100102.jpg
20191128_100117.jpg
20191128_100050.jpg

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Look how much sealant there is. I also noticed a lot of black streaks, is it the old gasket or what?
20191128_102557.jpg
20191128_102605.jpg
20191128_102720.jpg
20191128_102703.jpg
20191128_102714.jpg

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
In fact, you can even see in some of the pictures that where a shadow hits, it looks like normal oil, but where the sun is shining, it looks green. That's the UV dye.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 74 Posts