Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my 2011 Chevy Cruz off at a body shop referred to me by my ins company after a minor accident. Due to an electrical issue (my key was locked in the ignition, my trunk wouldn’t open, and nothing my center console was working) the car was sent to the dealership. The dealership replaced my BCM and said the issue was fixed. When I dropped my car off the mileage was at 76k, when I picked it up it was at 113k.
The ins company said that the electrical issue cause the speed up of mileage, which was apparently at 112 when received by the dealership, and when the new one was programmed, it was programmed to match the “in” minleage.
My family is convinced that the anti fraud system prevents mistakes like this and I may be a victim of fraud. I should add that the body shop was extremely sketchy and I had numerous issue with them, including extending the time for my car to be fixed from a week to a month. I would call and check on my vehicle and the rep would say he has no idea what’s going on with my car- he would call me back. I had to call the ins company for updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The paperwork from when I dropped of the vehicle and recent oil change, plus new breaks, all within the last 4 months, support that the mileage was at 76k when I dropped it off. The dealership wants to look at my car and possibly reprogram the odometer. I’ve been told that should contact a lawyer before anything else but I don’t want to blow a simple mistak out of proportion. I know nothing about cars- is this possibly a simple mos-programming or should I be seeking legal counsel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was reading online that there is an anti theft monitoring system in the car the prevents the mileage from being misprogrammed, so it has to be a deliberate modification.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts