Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Whats the best way to get rid of the crap the dealership puts on. Its tacky and annoying.
...the best way? Tell them you won't buy it unless: (a) *they* take them off...and/or...(b) they *pay* you a monthly "advertising fee" of your choosing (say exactly the amount your car payment is).

...it's worked for me everytime.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Dealer Labels...

...the best way? Tell them you won't buy it unless: (a) *they* take them off...and/or...(b) they *pay* you a monthly "advertising fee" of your choosing (say exactly the amount your car payment is).

...it's worked for me everytime.
When I order the car, I simply ask that the dealer advertising not be applied. So far, no Honda, Mazda, nor Toyota dealer has failed to honor the request. The Saturn dealer didn't even put their license plate frame on. If the label is already affixed, I believe 3M makes an adhesive release product that will remove the decal or plate and leave the paint unaffected.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had them put it in the contract to NOT apply dealer labels. I asked for $500 if they did. The salesman made sure they didn't put one on.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I forgot to ask my dealer to not install them. It was no problem. The license plate frames are easy to change out and the small vinyl decal peeled right off with a little heat from my wife's hairdryer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hairdryer would be worth a shot. gonna have to shoot up to autozone to see if they have anything too. Previous cars i made sure they didnt put it on, i just simply forgot this time :(

·
Registered
234 Posts
Our salesman knows that I don't like decals either. I only will allow dealer advertised license plates or I spread the word of my dealer experience via word of mouth..:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
The dealership where I bought my Cruze had already applied their decal. It was made so I had to peal off each individual letter of the dealer's name. It was just a vinyl decal, and took all of 2 minutes to just peel them off.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The dealership where I bought my Cruze had already applied their decal. It was made so I had to peal off each individual letter of the dealer's name. It was just a vinyl decal, and took all of 2 minutes to just peel them off.
Exact same situation as myself.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can remove any glue residue with 3M Eblem Adhesive Remover which is available a almost any auto parts store.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I peeled mine off with my finger and then alittle 3M adhesive remover and bam all clean... same with chevy decals except used detail floss to get them off...

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
..."Thanks, guys!"

...I've learned something new from you all: use of dental floss to remove badges!

...In my way distant "past" I always used: (a) brute force & ignorance, (b) hot air hair dryer, and (c) isopropyl alcohol.

...I learned something new here, so again, "Thanks!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts