Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes....
  • Dec 12, 2019 bought my 2016 cruze RS at Exceptional Motor Car. They noted after the test drive, that they had messed up the mileage when receiving the car on trade and switches it with the vehicle it was traded in on. The car fax showed an increase of 30000 miles in less than 10 days time. They said they would correct it so the balance of the warranty would be valid. All seemed good and I left without the title as they had to "fix" it.
  • Jan 22... 4 days before my temp tag expires. Went to register my car at the BMV I told them to send the title to. Low and behold not there... thought well maybe I had the right paperwork in the folder from purchasing the vehicle. So drove home to check.
  • Jan 24...back to the BMV with all my paperwork given to me by the dealer. Still no title or paperwork to transfer the title. On the way home... I call the dealer and ask for the Sales Manager... I get put on hold and after a few minutes my salesman picks up and says that the BMV should be receiving the title any day and offer to pay for an indiana temp tag and the mileage fix usually takes 4 weeks. I quickly retort it's been 43 days already... After I arrive home I open a notice from my bank saying they have not received the title either. WTF?!!! At this point I'm ready to explode.
  • Feb 10... after calling my bank's title department and seeing if they have recieved the title. They reply they have not... it is now 60 days from purchase. Before leaving work I call the dealer and give the receptionist hell... I need a manager NOW.... he's in a meeting... okay... send me to the title department.... they are also in a meeting. I told the receptionist I've got a chunk of metal coating me money in front of my house that I can't drive because y'all screwed up... one hour later I get a call from the "new" title lady.... describe the situation and she said she will look into it and that today was her first day.
  • Feb 12... I get a voicemail saying that the title has been sent to my bank and to the BMV. I call back... I ask the new title lady what she found... she tells me she found the title on monday and sent it out to fix the mileage discrepancy and recieved it back this morning. She then 2 day sent the paperwork to my BMV branch. A copy was also sent to me as well as $25 gas card....

I personally think this is BS!!!! Should I go after them for more? They lied to me... looking for opinions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like the new title lady got you fixed up. Probably replaced the inept previous one. You probably weren't the only one. If you pursued it, all that would really happen is they'd fire the guy not doing his job, which it sounds like they already did. A $25 gas card isn't bad for an apology...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that sounds great for the 4-5 hours of my time trying to track down there mistake.... that if I n.v hadnt pestered them.. may have been dragged out for who knows how longs

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
Sounds to me like the dealership had an incompetent idiot in their title department and fired them. The new lady is cleaning up the mess and doing what should have been done in the first place.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad that I'm getting the title but I really think they should make an apology about their incompetence and it needs to come from the manager!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts