Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cruze Eco Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background.

Yesterday on my way to work my '14 cruze eco 6/MT started to squeal and had a rough idle. Check engine light popped on and I pulled the codes. P0106, P1101, P0171. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the valve cover under powertrain warranty. Took the car home yesterday afternoon.

Issue:
After returning home today from work, i could smell burning oil. Popped the hood and there is oil all over the engine compartment on the driver side of the vehicle.

1117151642.jpg

upon closer inspection it appears that a electrical wire has been pinched between the valve cover and the top of the engine, which is causing the leak.
1117151657.jpg

I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow morning and I was curious as to what I should expect them to cover, i.e engine compartment cleaning, new valve cover and gasket, oil change, etc.

thanks,

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I would be expecting them to cover all of what you mentioned. That's an easy thing to avoid.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd imagine that they would cover the harness if it needed to be replaced. It was their screw up and they are responsible at that point. They might choose to repair the harness instead of replace it though.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
The first time I had my valve cover replaced (2 times total) my knucklehead mechanic forgot to torque down one of the bolts so when I got home, which was about a 15 mile drive, I also smelled burning oil. Popped the hood and sure enough, oil leak right in the front of the cover. Fortunately I have the reverse torx socket so I tightened it down myself and all was well. For the record, it was replaced the second time when I had my pistons and head replaced.

·
Registered
2014 Cruze Eco Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.

Picked up car an hour ago and everything looked great. Replaced valve cover and steam cleaned engine.

Right now i am sitting on side of interstate with flashers on because car is smoking and throwing oil all over passenger side engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Update.

Picked up car an hour ago and everything looked great. Replaced valve cover and steam cleaned engine.

Right now i am sitting on side of interstate with flashers on because car is smoking and throwing oil all over passenger side engine compartment.
Wow, just WOW.

Reactions: LizzieCruze

·
Registered
2014 Cruze Eco Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
checked the oil after it was towed back to the dealer and there was no oil on the dipstick. Engine was running fine when I shut it off. Will be interested to see how much oil drains out of it tomorrow when I have them check.

1118151633b.jpg 1118151633c.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts