Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Dealerships, good and bad

4020 20
One aspect of owning a new car is taking it to the dealership for maintenance, repair, warranty, etc. Going to a dealership can sometimes make or break owning a new car. A bad dealership can leave a bad taste in your mouth for your car if they aren't willing to work for you.

This topic is to compile a list of good dealerships. If your very satisfied with your dealership leave the name and city/state so that others in your area know a good place to go. If you have had a particularly bad experience with a dealership you may also name them, city and state and a brief description of what happened or why you do not recommend them.

RK Chevrolet
Virginia beach, VA

Great sales and service team. Have yet to do me wrong in any way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would have to say I would recommend the dealer I bought my Cruze at. It is the same dealer I bought my 2008 Pontiac Torrent at.

Northgate Chevrolet
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada.

I have never had an issue with service with my Torrent when it has gone in. Also a week and a half after getting my cruze I noticed an imperfection on one of my aluminum rims. I called the dealer, my salesman and the and the sales manager looked at it. The sales manager said they would try buffing it out first and if it did not work order a new rim for me. The sales manager flipped me the keys to his Malibu so I could pick up my wife. He got service to buff all 4 rims which looked perfect after and I had my Cruze back in 40 minutes.

·
Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Alpine Buick GMC (used to have Pontiac as well), Lakewood, Colorado
Ed Bozarth Chevrolet in both Lone Tree and Aurora, Colorado

I'd take any GM to any of these three dealerships in a heartbeat.

I bought both my Cruzen at Ed Bozarth Lone Tree from Alex.

·
Super Moderator
5,234 Posts
I seem to be OK with my dealer also: Joseph Chevrolet. Used to be Chevy/Olds. in Cincinnati. I rarely take my car in unless it is a warranty issue/recall. I know the service advisers and they seem to know what they are doing. I just hate their hours! Saturdays they only have a skeleton crew and always say come back M-F.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,351 Posts
I bought mine from Marty Feldman Chevy in Novi, MI. They seem alright. My very limited experience with the service department was just slightly disconnected. I haven't had it back other than for the pinstripe installation, and I doubt I will much since I do just about all my own installation. Feldman is part of the Feldman Automotive family, which owns Liberty Chevy and another one a little farther away. I haven't heard good things about Liberty's service, but I haven't experienced personally. The sales department at Feldman has been fairly decent, I'd say I'd rate them at maybe a 7 out of 10 as a whole. My salesman, Jeff Frizzel, has been exceptional, but the support staff haven't been the snappiest.

I originally test drove a Cruze at Williams Chevy in Traverse City, MI. I worked with Tim Edington, and from my one afternoon of interaction, he was very pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend him and Williams, though I haven't had my car there for any service either. Don't be offended if they won't let you test drive out of the parking lot- apparently it's company policy where they drive you down the street to a parking lot near back roads, because the dealer is on such a busy road, for liability reasons.

Another dealer I'd highly recommend is Sweeney Chevy in Youngstown, Ohio. My Cruze was originally delivered there, and I contacted them to try to get some information about its time there. I think they realized they had no chance of getting a sale out of the deal, but they were VERY willing to help. They even mailed me documentation on the car. Top notch sales service there. I dealt with Bobby Stackhouse there, the sales manager.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The BAD.
Rogers-Dabbs Chevrolet near Jackson, MS | Mississippi Chevrolet Dealer in Brandon
Brandon , Ms.
Mission: Buy a Cruze. 1.5 hours to pick out the one I wanted. Got the terms/price I could agree with.
5 hours to see the finance guy. After I was told it would "be a few more minutes". All the while they knew I was in a hurry,
sick as a dog, and really LATE for work.
Done with the paper work.... salesman decided to have the car detailed! What were they doing with it for the 5 hours I waited?
Upset, I told them I would wash it myself. Saleman wanted to fill the car with gas .. would only take 20 minutes to do. I declined.
Saleman wouldn't give me the keys till he showed me "one more feature", how to remote start the car. He did and promptly locked BOTH set of keys in the car! I turn around walked away got in my other car and drove home. 2 hours later he arrived with my new Cruze full of gas, not detailed and COATHANGER type scratches on the drivers door. The drivers door had wind noise for a day till I re-tweeked the window frame where I guess they pried it open to unlock the door. Yea there is more BAD here, no I haven't gone back.. just to friggin ticked off!
I really LIKE my 2012 Cruze!

·
Registered
201 Posts
My dealer is the BEST I've ever dealt with! I have 40 years of experience with dealerships so I feel I'm in a good position to evaluate! I purchased my Cruze and a used Colorado from them and they also do all my service.
DOUG HENRY GMC BUICK CHEVROLET
FARMVILLE, NC

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,805 Posts
Jim McKay Chevrolet in Fairfax, VA has been great to me with warranty work, and offering shuttle rides or a loaner car if I need one.

Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary (where I bought the car from) was absolutely TERRIBLE! I've never seen it take ALL DAY to buy a freaking car, and no one seemed to know what was going on. Too bad; my salesman was pretty nice.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I am happy to see people sharing their experience with their dealer and the service departments. Please remember if you have any issues with your dealer or your Cruze you can PM me anytime so we can get the information documented. I am always happy to hear about the compliments as well!! :)

Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you are in the state for Georgia, I suggest:

John Megel Chevrolet
1392 Hwy 400 South
Dawsonville, GA 30534

I can't rave about them enough. It's by far the best experience I've ever had buying a car. From the time I called them for a bottom line price, to every aspect of buying the car. Then when I had a technical glitch, they went above and beyond to correct the issue without me ever having to complain. No doubt they took a loss to please a customer. They just do the right thing without you even having to ask. When I tell my friends what they've done for me they can't believe it and again I didn't have to ask. Honestly, I can't believe it. This is a dealership that believes in customer service. They actually made me happy to part with my money and folks that is no easy task. I can't stop smiling. :) I'd love for them to get the business they deserve. I will be in the market to buy another car in a year or 2 and I do not plan on even considering anyone else. It would be a waste of my time and money. And before you ask, I do not know a person who works there. I just looked them up on the internet and by dumb chance found a gem.

jblackmon, I am not surprised by your RH experience. Let's just say I had a very negative experience at one of his dealerships in Georgia. [FONT=arial, sans-serif]I won't be stepping foot in another one.[/FONT]

·
Registered
713 Posts
You know what guys, it would be preferable to keep this as a good experience thread. 15 years have taught me there are certain people who will exaggerat, if not outright lie, about service experiences if things don't go their way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,211 Posts

You're putting me on.
One of my favorite actors!

I'm telling you the truth officer! I wasn't speeding but I sure passed a whole bunch of people who were!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bob Jass Chevrolet, Elburn, Il. They are rated number 1 in customer satisfaction in the Chicago area for a reason. My former dealer, Avenue Chevrolet in Batavia, Il. got their franchise yanked two years ago. Some of the people ended up at Jass. I bought my Impala and my daughters Cobalt from Avenue, we then went to Jass for service. They got GM to eat a repair on my out of warranty Impala, after I offered to pay for it. They fixed my daughters Cobalt on a description of a noise, when the car wouldn't do it for them. They are a small dealer, 2 car showroom, so they all know us. They recognize us when we come in, and always take good care of us, knowing we were loyal to our former dealer, and want us to be loyal to them. When I bought my Cruze, I told them I was basing my decision on the first price they gave me, so sharpen the pencils. I walked away. A few days later they said they found a wholesaler that would give a better price for my trade, and knocked off more on the Cruze, so I bought it.
If you are in northern Illinois, they are worth the drive. Talk to Bruce Hohman.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you are in south Southwestern Ontario - Windsor, LaSalle, Amherstburg, Tecumseh, etc - then I would HIGHLY recommend visiting the fine folks at Reaume Chevrolet Buick GMC on Front Rd. in LaSalle. I have known many of the guys there for 10+ years. Prior to owning this Cruze, they did work for me with my 02 Montana and my 02 Grand Prix GTP. If you need specific names for people in sales or service, PM me and I'll be happy to share their contact info with you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.