Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what everyones thoughts are on debadging. My cruze came with a sport edition badge(?) on the trunk and front doors. I'm thinking about removing them along with the cruze lettering on the trunk.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,675 Posts
Debadging usually leads to a nice clean appearance.

I can't say I've heard of an actual "Sport Edition" Cruze. Sounds like a dealership badge add-on to make it seem special.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I'm not thrilled with the Golden Bowtie.

I've decided to color match all my bowties. Pretty easy decision when body colors are Pull Me Over Red and Iridium Metallic (almost black). For a minute or two, I thought of painting all four bowties red, like an old Z24. The red paint on the 2016 is very close in color to the RS badge on the 2017, so it would be like matching the bowtie to the RS badge.

I also dismissed thoughts of painting the sharkfin antenna red on the Iridium car.
It'd be ugly but functional, I'd always be able to find my car in a crowded parking lot.

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
That's why all mine are black - aside from the '81, which doesn't have any.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,664 Posts

I've decided to color match all my bowties. Pretty easy decision when body colors are Pull Me Over Red and Iridium Metallic (almost black). For a minute or two, I thought of painting all four bowties red, like an old Z24. The red paint on the 2016 is very close in color to the RS badge on the 2017, so it would be like matching the bowtie to the RS badge.

I also dismissed thoughts of painting the sharkfin antenna red on the Iridium car.
It'd be ugly but functional, I'd always be able to find my car in a crowded parking lot.
That's why all mine are black - aside from the '81, which doesn't have any.

I don't like the chrome outline either. I tried to have someone vinyl wrap the entire badge when we were at Lordstown, but it did not work. So I just didn't put it back on. I am working on another solution - albeit very slowly. When ever I get there, I'll post.

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
I don't like the chrome outline either. I tried to have someone vinyl wrap the entire badge when we were at Lordstown, but it did not work. So I just didn't put it back on. I am working on another solution - albeit very slowly. When ever I get there, I'll post.
I like having the chrome outline - and absolutely detest most implementations of an all-black Bowtie I've seen, since it looks cheaper. Our our CTD, at least, the chrome is needed to make the black bowtie pop, rather than fade into the rest of the car (which is black). It also makes the chrome trim elsewhere on the exterior all work together, rather than stand out like a sore thumb. There's no longer a need, in my mind (or the wife's), to black out the chrome trim around the grill, or under the windows. I may still do something to the trim above the license plate, though.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,664 Posts
I like having the chrome outline - and absolutely detest most implementations of an all-black Bowtie I've seen, since it looks cheaper. Our our CTD, at least, the chrome is needed to make the black bowtie pop, rather than fade into the rest of the car (which is black). It also makes the chrome trim elsewhere on the exterior all work together, rather than stand out like a sore thumb. There's no longer a need, in my mind (or the wife's), to black out the chrome trim around the grill, or under the windows. I may still do something to the trim above the license plate, though.
Originally I used red carbon fiber, but it faded pretty quickly to a pinkish hue.

And the grille is a Z-spec that came with what was chrome painted tungsten metallic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts