Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer let me bring home a used '15 LS for the night. We like the car at the price offered, but one small thing I've noticed is that the decklid seems like it falls back down quite easily (easy to 'conk' one's head), and that it pushes up quite easily. This would indicate to me the possibility of something being replaced back there, but of course the Carfax is clean. :) 31K miles. Anybody else notice this on theirs?

Thanks.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
No, it's just an annoying "feature". The tension for the trunk release is controlled by those two metal bars that go across at the top opening rather than springs or struts. Mine barely raised up when the trunk release was opened, and then liked to crash back down if you weren't watching.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dealer let me bring home a used '15 LS for the night. We like the car at the price offered, but one small thing I've noticed is that the decklid seems like it falls back down quite easily (easy to 'conk' one's head), and that it pushes up quite easily. This would indicate to me the possibility of something being replaced back there, but of course the Carfax is clean. :) 31K miles. Anybody else notice this on theirs?

Thanks.
A well placed bungee cord may be the answer to your problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fwlncCth2Qo

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts

·
10,712 Posts
I concur with the above especially if you had the Eco/RS spoiler on the end of the trunk. Before we get into the next post, the doors are also self closing featured. Took me a while after I traded in to break that habit of jumping in the car as fast as I could and waiting for the door close it's self.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,172 Posts
I concur with the above especially if you had the Eco/RS spoiler on the end of the trunk. Before we get into the next post, the doors are also self closing featured. Took me a while after I traded in to break that habit of jumping in the car as fast as I could and waiting for the door close it's self.
That's actually a feature? I hate it!

·
10,712 Posts
No, lol. It's a cheap plastic door check that can't really handle the weight of the door at its detents.
Yeah the small crown in the road I street side park is at just enough angle to not hold the door open on its own. If I had to miss something, that would be it. 1st world problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.