Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the oil changed and I have been checking around the area for Diesel emission fluid and found that it is expensive. Decided to check around a bit more and the truck stop card lock that is open to the public had the fluid for $2.89 a gallon from a gas station style pump. So you know the whole thing is pay for a plastic 2.5 gallon jug that you have to dispose of or go to a truck stop and pump it in the tank. No disposal problems with the plastic jug and the amount of DEF the card lock pumps the fluid is fresh.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Yes. Many of us go this route. My tank gets me through a year (19,000 miles) without refill.

Also, the John Deere dealership is known as the cheapest place in town to buy Diesel Exhaust Fluid by the 2.5 gallon jug.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Adding to the reasonably priced list, Walmart also sells DEF in their Supertech brand. It is priced at $7.88 for a 2.5 gallon jug, not quite as cheap as the truck stop, but pretty close. It also has the API certification on the container as required by the owners manual. I've been using it in the car for the past 3,000 miles with no problems.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I live in Canada mind you buy it just buy the gm stuff. A 2.5 gallon container is $25

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just add the fluid when I do oil changes. Since I am out of free oil changes I hit Amazon for a wix oil filter, the air filter (change once a year) and the oil. Since I am lazy I just run the Chevy over to a buddy's shop and have him do the change. Then once that is done I went down to the card lock and filled the DEF tank with 2.3 gallons of DEF.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Wix is now making a filter for our engines? We need to alert Gator as he's been looking for an alternative to the dealer.

Reactions: Gator

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wix WL10021 oil filter I got from Amazon for $21.53

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Rockauto.com is cheaper than all prices listed if you order 5 or 6 at a time and the wix filter has been available for over a year on there. Its just not worth the higher price

Edit: Just looked $8.81 per filter on rockauto for OEM. I usually get 5 or more at a time per order. Shipping from them is usually really cheap if you're ordering multiples of the same part from the same warehouse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts