Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I actually have one of those filling hoses that I bought when I had my GLK250 but never used it.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
You know, I wonder if the DEF from the pumps at the truckstops will remain "fresh" enough to be suitable to use. At least what we buy at the parts store is sealed and you can be pretty sure. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
This may be a dumb question as I have only had to fill mine once so far ( and yes using the jug & funnel was a royal pain) but how does one know when it is full? My CTD here in Canada only states the DEF fluid level as a percentage once it gets low. I have to do the math to guess how much the tank had and what it would take to fill it. I can't see any indication of when it is full. I am not looking forward to the next fill-up, it take two people for gosh sakes. One to hold the funnel & one to poor so slowly so it does come gurgling back up.

I too was under the impression that my GM dealer here in Ottawa would be topping of the DEF when it went in for oil changes. I guess once my freebies are done I will go back to my regular shop when they always top off all the fluids (except gas of course).
Your DIC will indicate when it is at 35% or lower.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
By the way, I found that my local recycling place takes the DEF jugs so i don't have to throw them in the trash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.